Hardware Identification

scrappysphinx

Confused retro man
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Nottingham
Hi all, i was just wondering if anyone could identify the 2nd piece of hardware in this ebay auction (buy it now). Its NOT my auction but it looks like an A2000 accelerator but was wondering what?

Mike

scrappysphinx

Confused retro man
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Nottingham
Hey Playgeneration,

Yeah, it just ended as i was researching it.
I looked through bboah and it looks to be a tekmagic 040 or 060.

Tajmaster

Truth, Justice, all that stuff.
Country
UK
Region
Bradford, West Yorkshire
Absolute bargin. :cool:

Kin

Well, I woulda thought the same thing :mad:

I think at the time Scrappy was browsing I must have been at the checkout. Let me tell you people, this has been my worst ever eBay experience. FYI, the bits in speech marks are copied and pasted from her emails.

Firstly, the girl (Im assuming shes a girl as the buyers name is listed as Amy Scott) emails me to say "the item you just bought how long would you be until you pay for them", I email back and tell her I already have with Paypal (how the hell can you not see that in your inbox you effing muppet??).

Then I get an email saying "the amigam 1200 is for £50 and the other amiga was supposed to be going for £75 if you would like both items i could sell you both of them for £115 if you still want both" WTF????!!! :censored:

I emailed back saying "You clearly listed both items for the Buy It Now price of £60 and showed both items in the listing pictures and in the wording, so Im not sure how there could have been a mistake in listing these?? However, I am only interested in the other card, not the AmRam 1200.
Would you take the money I have already paid for the other card?" to which she replied "yes i will take the payment for the other card altra ram card" At this point I am thinking this is some stupid little kid judging by the grammer and the amount of intelligence displayed in it and her conduct.
She replied "i have just confirmed it with my dad because he is away on holiday and he said you can have both of them for £90 and that he has got more stuff for the amiga 2000/3000 if you are still wanting some more stuff" So now Im thinking, is this some kid selling for an irresponsible parent who has left them at home and pissed off on holiday?!?! :nuts:

I replied saying I might be interested in the other stuff and also that I had sent her the difference from what I originally paid via Paypal - "Id be interested in stuff for the 2000 and 3000. I dont have a 3000 so if he has one for sale Id be interested :)
I sent you that 17.01 by Paypal just now too"

She then came back and said "if you want your items sooner then i would need positeve feedback as i would be able to get the money sooner if you do send positive feedback" :censored::censored::censored: F*cking stupid lame-ass idot motherfu.... you get the idea, I was now fuming.

I replied "Im not sure how long you have been using eBay but it doesnt work like that. I have paid for the items you are selling at the (eventual)agreed price, and you have recieved the payment via Paypal as confirmed by both eBay and Paypal. The reciept of feedback doesnt affect your payment at all, you already have it. At this point it is the responsibilty of the seller to despatch the items and once the buyer recieves them and is happy he or she then leaves feedback.
As far as feedback is concerned from the sellers point of view, the normal etiquette is to leave feedback once the buyer has paid.
So as above I will leave feedback once the items I have bought arrive. I have used eBay for over 5 years as a buyer and seller, if you are unsure of how it works Im happy to answer your questions or alternatively you can use the eBay Help system." to which she responded "it is my dad he prefers to have the cash upfront then he will send the items"

[Sorry for the long assed post here guys but I think everyone should know about this]

I replied "I understand where he is coming from :) The money is already in your Paypal account, I take it from what you are saying you are are going to transfer it to your bank account first and then send the stuff? With your dad being on holiday, how long is this going to take?". I was being polite when I said I understand, I dont, Im just bloody well annoyed at this point, how hard is it to trade on eBay these days? Why doesnt their retard filter work??:censored:

She then said "this will take about 1 month" WTF?!!!!!!!!!!!! Can I type WTF in bigger letters? So at this point Ive lost it, i woulda killed this silly bitch had she been next to me :censored: :slap:pissed::banghead:

I replied to this with "I am not happy about this. I have never been asked to wait a month for anything on eBay when I have paid straight away.
I think the best thing here is for you to refund me the £90 I have paid to you for these two items as I am not happy with having to wait for longer than is reasonable.
Please can you refund me within the next 24 hours.
If you are not sure of how to do this, just log into PayPal and click on "details" and select "issue refund" at the bottom for each one of the 2 payments I sent."

She then said "paypal wont let me do anything with the money until after 21 days i would refund you if i could and paypal took some of that money of me for using them". utter bollocks. I checked through the help files and if your account is on limted access you can still refund, I even pointed out where it states that.
I said "If Paypal are with-holding your funds you need to contact them to resolve this but according to their own website you can still issue refunds. You can read this in their help section under the Limted Account Access category, under the heading "why is Paypal holding onto my funds".
When you issue a refund Paypal refunds all the moeny including their fees.
As I have said before Ive used eBay for a long time and know how it works, you are not restricted from giving me a refund at all."

She said she was trying her best but it would let her, I sent her the following "Are you not sure how to do it?I could direct you where the links are if you like?
First log into your Paypal account.
Now look for the first of my two payments and click "Details" in the centre.
Now scroll right to the bottom and click the "issue refund" link and follow the onscreen instructions.
This will refund the payment and the fees paid. Now do this for the second of the two payments I sent"

She replied "i have tried that and it keeps saying insufficient funds available"

I said "You need to contact Paypal then, you can find their number in the Help section under "Contact Us". Please can you do this promptly as I am not willing to wait weeks for a refund." to which she replied "i will try my best i will try and get my dad to send them for you". I emailed her back saying to let me know when she has done the refund. That was last night, all this has been going on since I saw the listing while browsing eBay on Friday night :(:(:(

Im not accepting the stuff off her, she clearly doesnt know how to use eBay like a typical kid bullsh1ts her way out of it instead of asking for help. I dont believe half of what she has said. I think shes trying to pull a fast one with her dads stuff or something. Im sticking by my request for a refund. If she doesnt give it to me by Monday night Im going to log a dispute with eBay.I shoulda known better cos she only had 3 feedback.:banghead: Do you guys think I should do a chargeback whatsit on the 2 amounts I sent her too?

Anyway, sorry for the uber long post, I thought you guys should know about this eBayer and who the muppet was that bought this.

@Scrappy, Im kinda glad I stumbled upon this before you mate, I wouldnt want anyone else to have to go through this bollocks.

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
remember one personal bloob

remember one personal bloob

Once had bought an item and the payement window stopped at some point, so I was not sure paid or not.

(first time use paypall, ebay)

The seller at the other end was not helpfull at all so it ended as a dispute, at the end realising the seller was in his rights.

But stopped bothering, since he was alway's very short, unfriendly, unhelpfull.. He did not understand my questions I think.

So know you might have somebody with a status, (not sure), who received your money. Of course it is annoying, but maybe you need to be friendly, repsonsive, explaining stuff... (it looks there is no other solution, of course frustrating for you, i understand that part)

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
I read that´s "she" is playing with you.

It´s a common strategy to bait with bargains and hide behind bad language and misunderstandings.

Just open a claim with paypal. You´ll get you money back, and this seller will be banned. At least under that username.

"She" clearly knows how paypal disputes works since "she" ask you to wait for 21 days, which incidentally is the number of days when your chance to file a claim is up...

Also the mentioning of more stuff is a ploy to play on your greed. "Her" replies to your messages are so disconnected to what you´re writing that you should just open a claim right away. Ebay will expedite this one quickly I would assume.

I´m worried though that you refere to email. NEVER use email when conducting transactions on Ebay, ALWAYS use the message system in ebay.

If it´s the case that you´ve used emails now, first copy ALL mail correspondance into an EBAY message, send it to the seller and ask her for an update on the refund.

When she replies, you open a claim so that all the correspondence is on record with Ebay.

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire
I wouldn't even hang about waiting for a refund it is unlikely this individual has it together enough to sort this out and while you wait your chance of a successful resolution grows dimmer. Initiate a dispute to get your cash back and leave appropriate feedback.

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
Try at least to get any correspondence on record first. It´ll help you imensly in speeding up the process.

I also see that you sent more money separately to "her", it seems another GBP30. Reference that payment too in the Ebay message with transaction number.

The initial 60 will come back to you through Ebay, it´s a bit harder to say about the remaining 30, as it might not be covered by ebay buyer protection. But Paypal has a separate protection system, but I have no experience with it.

Tajmaster

Country
UK
Region
Bradford, West Yorkshire
Thanks guys :)

I have been emailing her through eBay the whole time :)
So should I open a dispute with Paypal or with eBay??

The seperate amount I sent her was £17.01 so its not a big loss but still I want it back! I will ask her for an update on my refund tonight or tomorrow and then file a dispute if I dont have it.

Thanks again for your messages of support :)

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire
You can do both.
I would suggest that the original payment you claim back via eBay, and the rest via PayPal's dispute system.

You can have her on the "significantly not as described" complaint, that should do it.

Jumping Anaconda

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
Hertfordshire
I would recommend that you action your complaint ASAP. When you explain what has happened, try and list each point separately i.e.:

1, Seller emailed after sale was complete to say that the items were not as described.
2, Seller demanded payment of the original amount after you had already paid it.
3, Seller asked for more money than the original price to sell items as were described and this money was paid in an effort to get the items you had purchased.
4, Seller is stating that they will delay sending the items for over a month with no satisfactory explanation.
5, Seller is insisting that your complete feedback on the sale before they dispatch the items.
6, Seller has not refunded the transaction even though you have explained that you are unhappy with their conduct and have asked for a full refund of all the amounts.
7, And so on... (Include the full correspondence with the Seller for their reference).

I have a feeling that you might get both amounts back through the ebay system, but log a complaint through the Paypal system as well. If it is a kid who is messing around with their parent's account while they are away, there is a fair chance that they will get their backside kicked when they return. There is an equal chance that they will not, and every chance it could be a 419 style scam. However, I can not really see the standard Lagos based con-artist selling A2000 cards as part of their scam, as they do not really have the mass appeal of laptops and mobiles.

Good luck!

Tajmaster

Country
UK
Region
Bradford, West Yorkshire
Thanks for all the advice guys :) I have sent the email below to her just now:

"I have not yet recieved my refund as I requested so I am logging a complaint with both PayPal and eBay"

Im going to log it with eBay now. Thanks again too all :)

---------- Post added at 17:59 ---------- Previous post was at 17:25 ----------

OK, after much searching, I found out how to report the item and the seller.

I have reported the item but it says I have to wait 7 days to report the seller (under the "not recieved" category.

This is on eBay, Im not sure about Paypal yet.

---------- Post added at 18:22 ---------- Previous post was at 17:59 ----------

I opened up a case under the heading "item not recieved", I put all the info in there, they say it will take 10 days to look over. Im going to check Paypal now.

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
I think you can push it a bit further: declare the seller as a scammer.

Tajmaster

Country
UK
Region
Bradford, West Yorkshire
I wont my case with eBay :)

They found in my favour pretty much straight away, after going through all the automated bollocks. I didnt get the extra I payed (£17.01) but I suppose I can write that off as a loss, I dont care now anyway, ive been well stressted about the whole thing :(

Anybody use any other alternatives to eBay? Apart from Amibay of course!!

A BIG HUGE thanks to all of your messages of support and help, thank you thank you thank you (y)(y)(y) I promise that the curry here in Bradford for all those coming to our little get together on Feb 20th will be awesome! And if you dont like it Ill get my mum to cook you some!

imnogeek

Country
UK
Region
Midlands
What a nasty person, glad you have most of your money back.

You missed one thing..

united3377

from Manchester is the Ebay seller in question ;)

Tajmaster

Country
UK
Region
Bradford, West Yorkshire
What a nasty person, glad you have most of your money back.

You missed one thing..

united3377

from Manchester is the Ebay seller in question ;)

Spot on mate, I should have stated that too, yeah thats her. It said on the original auction that she is Preston, anyway, to all reading, avoid her like the plague :blink: Its just a shame that theres a GVP Tekmagic lost to a scammer now! lol :)

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire
.......They found in my favour pretty much straight away, after going through all the automated bollocks. I didnt get the extra I payed (£17.01) but I suppose I can write that off as a loss, ....

You can still claim via PayPal. If you include the fact that eBay found in your favour, then that will strengthen your argument and almost ensure you get your cash back.

If you give up and let her get away with your hard earned, she has won. By claiming it all back it alerts PayPal to her as well, and also may dissuade her from attempting this with some other person.

Tajmaster

Country
UK
Region
Bradford, West Yorkshire
.......They found in my favour pretty much straight away, after going through all the automated bollocks. I didnt get the extra I payed (£17.01) but I suppose I can write that off as a loss, ....

You can still claim via PayPal. If you include the fact that eBay found in your favour, then that will strengthen your argument and almost ensure you get your cash back.

If you give up and let her get away with your hard earned, she has won. By claiming it all back it alerts PayPal to her as well, and also may dissuade her from attempting this with some other person.

I tried to open a dispute but as I sent it as a gift their website just tells me to contact her direct :roll: I left her negative feedback though :D

Top Bottom