Hello all

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacko

Country
Manchester
Thanks for the prompt attention by admins ...I applied and was a member within 4 hours :thanks:

My name is Dave and I'm from Manchester, although I know very little about retro computers I am familiar with the usual IT related subjects.

Hell!!!..you might even convert me :D

PhilipMcD

Country
Country
Region
Region
Re: Hello all

Convert you?

Well we're mainly just hobbyists here.. trying to liberate ourselves from unjustifiably inflated prices on certain auction sites.

Welcome Dave,

If you don't quite intend on shelling out for Retro/Amiga gear quite yet then maybe you could consider WinUAE - the Amiga emulator for Windows. It's fairly mature now with good (possibly even better!?) compatibility for the old games and software.

Hope that helps.

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

Ay up Dave! - May all your problems be little ones & all your experiences on AmiBay be massive ones! (y)

Give em hell Kiddo! :wink:

Kin

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo

Hello,

Welcome, and thank you for opening a thread which allows me to work on my post count :LOL:

Seriously, tell us how you got into the Amiga?

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC

Hi Dave!

Welcome to our community. I sincerely hope you enjoy your time here. All you really have to do to get into retro computers is buy one. It's quite addictive!

Please PM me or any other moderator if you need anything or have questions. We are here to help! :thumbsup2:

Take care,

Heather

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk

Hiya Jako

A Big welcome to the 'Bay m8,

as I am intensly curious please tell me what brought you here?

jacko

Country
Manchester

I hope I can feed your curiosity some by means of an explanation :nod:

I went to school with a member here although I can't see him because he's not using his real name as a nick ( Some people actually do you know) :laugh:

I followed a link on a social website because it said click here and I am not one to refuse a challenge no matter how vague that challenge is.

But all that aside, I am a bit of a geek on the sly so getting to grips with some of the Amiga lingo wont be too difficult for me, and I might even enjoy it if it grabs my attention LOL (y)

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu

@jacko

Welcome to Amibay my friend, Enjoy lots of endless Hackery fun !!!!!!

TC :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom