Hello All....

LamboJay

AmiBayer
Country
USA
Region
Charlotte, NC
Hello everyone,

Doing some house cleaning the other day and pulled my old Amiga stuff out of the closet. Dusted 'em off and fired them up :)

It's probably been 12 years since I used them last. At one point, I owned an A1000, 2000HD, A3000 and an A4000/040. No idea where the 2000 and 4000 are. Couldn't find them anywhere. They may have been lost in the move several years ago. Kind of bums me out a bit. Especially the 4000. :(

Anyways, both the 1000 and 3000 still work great. The A1000 has a KS eliminator board, front ram expansion module, a second external floppy and original 1084 monitor.

The A3000 has 2MB chip ram, 8MB fast with 2 1GB HD's, a 320MB HD, KS3.1 roms and an Ariadne ethernet card.

So just wanted to stop in and see what's going on with the Amiga scene.

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Welcome, LamboJay.

Can you please update your profile with the city where you live? North Carolina is not exactly the same size as Lichtenstein, for example...

BTW: sack the battery out of A3000 motherboard if didn't made it already!

PymerOne

Noob pur sang
AmiBayer
Country
Netherlands, Europe
Region
NoordHolland, Far side of civilisation's border.
Welcome LamboJay :D
Hope you find your A2k and A4k again.

Grtz, PymerOne.

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
Hi, sad to hear about your A4000 machine.

Like it's already mentioned here. Look out for battery damage (leakage) on machines that's been stored for a long time.

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Treasurer
Country
UK
Region
Southampton
Hello and welcome to Amibay! The A3000 is a beautiful machine, shame you can't locate your A4000. :(

BTW: sack the battery out of A3000 motherboard if didn't made it already!

I can't re-state this enough. The first opportunity you get, get inside your A3000 and tear out the battery! They are notorious for leaking and destroying things. The same applies to your A2000 and A4000 if they show up, too. :)

LamboJay

AmiBayer
Country
USA
Region
Charlotte, NC
Thanks everyone for the welcome.

I checked the battery on the A3K and it looks in good shape. No signs of leaking or corrosion. I'm going to go ahead and replace it anyway though. Is there a good source for these?

Also found another box of Amiga items. A 2091A SCSI card, external scsi cd-rom drive, 2GB WangDAT scsi tape drive and a Multiface III I/O card. 5 cases of floppies and cd-roms too. No 2000 or 4000 though...

Talk about bringing back memories! This is going to be fun booting up these old apps and games. From a time when personal computers were actually fun and exciting :)

Jon Hare

Country
Hamburg
Region
Germany
Ah...my two favorite systems. Great that you found them and that you wanna go back to the roots (y)

Welcome to AmiBay, Sir!

Top Bottom