Hello everyone

macwhoelse

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
Exeter, Devon
Hi all,

I'm macwhoelse. I recently got hold of an Amiga 500 (1.3) & 600 (2.05). I am awaiting a 1200 also that I purchased on the other bay. I loved the amigascene and had my first of many Amigas back in 1987. It took quite a while for me to go over to the PC as I clung on to the Amiga as long as I could.
I have a you tube site dedicated to Amiga music & cracktros as well as retro games from other systems. Nearly all videos on there are using emulators. I have decided to get back into using real Amigas & will then put some videos up of the real thing playing as opposed to emulation.
Not that I'm opposed to emulation, of course.:LOL:
I'm really annoyed that I recently chucked out a C128 !! :eek:
I'm sure someone on here could have made good use of it for parts and is probably cursing me.
Anyway, look forward to trading software, hardware & information with you guys.
Mac

LTAC

AmiBayer
Country
FRANCE
Region
South of PARIS
Hi macwhoelse,
Welcome here.
Add some memory expansion to your A500/A600 and buy WHDLOAD! (y)
Cheers,
LTAC

macwhoelse

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
Exeter, Devon
Thanks LTAC. I'd only recently heard of WHDLOAD and am certainly going to read up on it. I'm fairly sure this will be running in my A1200 when it arrives. Then I shall be looking for a memory expansion for the 1200.(y)

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
There is no sense in running WHDLoad in a machine without 2Mb of chip RAM and at least 4Mb of FAST RAM.

Prefer an accelerated machine a 030 CPU and more RAM (16Mb is enough for WHDLoad), more RAM only on 040 or 060 CPU for heavy games that are installable directly on the HD (like Quake, Doom and Total Chaos).

AmiNeo

CodeMonkey
Country
UK
Region
Kendal, Cumbria
<snip> edited out by Imnogeek

---------- Post added at 20:41 ---------- Previous post was at 20:38 ----------

Ok, I should maybe rephrase that... What parts are a minimum to buy for a good WHDLoad machine... I'm willing to do some research to find costs, I just don't wanna be ripped off being clueless...

In the interest of not upsetting this introduction by macwhoelse I have removed the "possible" pricedriving question ;) Imnogeek

Last edited by a moderator:

macwhoelse

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
Exeter, Devon
Thanks for the welcome's and advice.:)
I will be getting at least 4mb probably 8mb fastram for the 1200's WHDLOAD software, but I doubt I will be looking for an accelerator or faster CPU. I just want to recapture some of the magic of playing those early year games. I'm not too interested in Quake/Doom etc because I never played these games on my Amiga's back in the day.
To be honest, I still enjoy whacking a disk in and listening to the loading noises & waiting for the game to load. lol:p
I have a couple of all singing/dancing PC's if I want speed & glorious graphics.
As long as I can play Lotus trilogy, Mercenary, Superfrog, Pinball Fantasies, Sensi Soccer & Kick Off 2 Final Whistle I'm happy.
But who knows, I may just get the upgrade bug again once I'm up and running with WHDLOAD.(y)

Cheers, Mac

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
Welcome to Amibay(y)

About the C128::banghead: I have enough parts, but it is not produced any longer so please use the bin here next time.

AmiNeo

CodeMonkey
Country
UK
Region
Kendal, Cumbria
Yea sorry I forgot that was in an 'introduce yourself' thread! :LOL:

Sorry Mac, Welcome!

Top Bottom