Hello fae Scotland!

Cobra!

Country
Scotland
Region
North Lanarkshire
Hey,

I recently learned that this place exists, and as someone who wants to get more out of their CD32, I had to sign up. I'm very interested in turning the CD32 into an Amiga computer, and reading floppy disks as well as CDs.
I'm generally interested in what upgrades and expansions are available for it.

So, hi!

Bladejack

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
Ireland
Region
Donegal
No, that's only for ide devices, limited floppy option on the cd32 and they are usually expensive. https://www.analogic.co.uk/amiga-cd...-parallel-serial-floppy-drive-connectors.html is one option then there was the sx1, there was a floppy riser a few years back but your have to search for it now. That TF330 card has a esp header on it for adding a WiFi module, you could then send adf files to it over samba but I haven't gotten around to doing that on mine yet so no expert. Have fun with you cd32 again

Cobra!

Country
Scotland
Region
North Lanarkshire
No, that's only for ide devices, limited floppy option on the cd32 and they are usually expensive. https://www.analogic.co.uk/amiga-cd...-parallel-serial-floppy-drive-connectors.html is one option then there was the sx1, there was a floppy riser a few years back but your have to search for it now. That TF330 card has a esp header on it for adding a WiFi module, you could then send adf files to it over samba but I haven't gotten around to doing that on mine yet so no expert. Have fun with you cd32 again
Ah, gotcha, so the terrible fire is for hard drives and card readers? Alright, I'll get that and this backplate? Is there a tutorial on how to set everything up to make it work like a computer?

Bladejack

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
Ireland
Region
Donegal
I got a compact flash card with my tf330 that had everything on it

Cobra!

Country
Scotland
Region
North Lanarkshire
I got a compact flash card with my tf330 that had everything on it
Well I'm one who likes physical media and wants to have the most authentic experience possible. So having an upgraded CD32 with the capabilities of a traditional Amiga PC. Obviously price and availablity are stopping me from using original components, but could you plug a hard drive into the TF and the TF into that backplate linked above?

I've never used Amiga computers before, is workbench something that is installed on the hard drive like DOS/Windows or Macintosh is?

Cobra!

Country
Scotland
Region
North Lanarkshire
I'll check that out. So does the TF also add the upgraded specs some CD32 games benefit from?

Top Bottom