Hello from Alien-tek.com!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alien^tek

Banned
Country
MANCHESTER!
[Admin: Member Caution! this user is Banned]

great to see a new even better Amibench (Bay)!

Hope to have an Auction type listing eventually with bidding would be great.

you could have amiga auctions forum where people type there bid ammount till it ends etc.

Also it would be nice to easily upload pictures to display.

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
@ Alien^Tek (aka Paradox)

Your reputation precedes you, I do hope that you declared yourself as a trader to the Admins on here, if it was down to me I would not let you on here due to your activity on Amiga.org.

Please read the rules carefully, transgressions from a person with your previous history will only end one way.

@ Admin

DO NOT allow this member access to the Recycle Bin, please contact me to discuss this.

Merlin

Alien^tek

Banned
Country
MANCHESTER!

I'm very sorry you feel this way but Merlin you have nothing to worry about honeslty.

regards

Merlin

VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
@ A^T

If I hadn't seen the threads on Amiga.org I would not be worried, however, most of us on here have seen them, even the ones that got pulled by the a.org admins, it's a small world you are operating in....we will not stand for any abuse of the rules of this site, they have been carefully written by me to protect the members on here.

You should understand that we are offering an alternative to Ebay for the Amiga and retro scene in general, we are offering a low cost alternative to members who frankly cannot afford extortionate trader prices and the price driving which is happening on Ebay.

For now, you are welcome, you didn't exactly get off on the right foot with the Admins here with your IRC stunt (we don't react favourably to takeover bids or megalomaniacs), however, you are entitled to membership as long as you don't flout the rules.

As long as you clearly understand the rules under which we operate, we won't have a problem, we have already had one member who thought he knew better and hasn't returned since he was told where to get off. As a trader, the rules are very explicit as to what you can and cannot do.

We are NOT an auction site, the reason for this is that auctions create price driving and bid trumping which only makes items more expensive. You state your price and that's it, offers up to your asking price are OK, but no auctions are allowed. We will never have an auction section, so get over it now.

Please learn from this experience and enjoy your membership of Amibay.

Merlin

Alien^tek

Banned
Country
MANCHESTER!

Thankyou.

I will do my upmost best to serve the Amiga community.

I will like to take the time to tell you about my past but in PM if you willing to listen to my side of the story

Regards.

Merlin

VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
@ A^T

What has happened elsewhere doesn't really matter in the bigger scheme of things, what is important is that none of it happens here.

We are all well aware of what happens on the auction sites, that is why Amibay is a community site, created by dedicated members of the Amiga scene for Amiga users. Eventually it will expand to cover the whole retro scene, however we need to start small and walk before we run.

As Lead Moderator, my role is to ensure fair play, hence that is why you are still being allowed to use Amibay instead of being banned into oblivion.

As I stated on PM, traders are watched carefully to avoid abuse of the site, we are protecting our members and I am sure that you understand the reasons for this.

As you have found out, the Moderators are very active on here, unlike some other sites....

Merlin

Alien^tek

Banned
Country
MANCHESTER!

Thankyou very much and I respect a clean view of me.

We will have to meet up and have an AmiBay get together in Manchester.

You can come pick up these 1200 cases if you want Merlin.

Also I'm Modding an a1200 case and i need parts maybe we could do similar type of mod together.

Yeah Lets all mod our 1200 desktops! :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom