Hello from Derby!

wilsonsamm

Country
England
Region
Derbys.
Well hello everyone here on Amibay.

My name is wilsonsamm and I study languages at university, and besides that I have an interest in programming – especially programming that has to do with emulation/cross-platform stuff etc.

Well, that's me in a nutshell.

Jon Hare

Country
Hamburg
Region
Germany
Welcome to AmiBay, wilsonsamm!

Check out the rules of AmiBay and I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun here, buddy!

davideo

I look like Gizmo
Staff member
Administrator
Staff Moderator
Treasurer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Boston, Lincs
Well, that's me in a nutshell.

Anybody that lives in a nutshell should be right at home with all us Miggy nuts (y)

Welcome to AmiNiceBay.

Dave G :cool:

wilsonsamm

Country
England
Region
Derbys.
Haah, sorry everybody, for adding a fazillion threads with no prices that slipped my mind :oops:
I've put some asking prices on so I hope it's fixed :)

davideo

I look like Gizmo
Staff member
Administrator
Staff Moderator
Treasurer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Boston, Lincs
Haah, sorry everybody, for adding a fazillion threads with no prices that slipped my mind :oops:
I've put some asking prices on so I hope it's fixed :)

Thank you and good luck with your sales (y)

wilsonsamm

Country
England
Region
Derbys.
I'm a bit confused regarding the rules on bidding. Is this allowed? I mean, as longer as I've stated a price and that it's negotiable, can I choose to sell it to whomever is willing to pay the most?

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
I'm a bit confused regarding the rules on bidding. Is this allowed? I mean, as longer as I've stated a price and that it's negotiable, can I choose to sell it to whomever is willing to pay the most?

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

have you even read the rules dude?

you want bids, go to ebay, you should sell to the guy that expressed interest 1st

davideo

I look like Gizmo
Staff member
Administrator
Staff Moderator
Treasurer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Boston, Lincs

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

have you even read the rules dude?

you want bids, go to ebay, you should sell to the guy that expressed interest 1st

@Juvvie

You're right to a certain extent.

I understand the rules to say that if you put 'or near offer' and somebody actually meets your asking price without making an underpriced offer then you can accept that offer because it's at your asking price.

If someone makes a lower offer then you are not forced to accept that offer.

But you are not allowed to accept offers for more than your asking price - that's bidding. Which is a total no-no.

Now that's my understanding of the rules - perhaps a senior mod could verify or deny that :help:

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
@wilsonsamm

AmiBay uses the First In Line protocol, thats to say fellow members that are interested in you sale thread "cue" up to do business with you.

should that you place an item for £100 ONO then the first in the cue will make you an offer, of course you can refuse but it would be polite to allow that member to amend his offer before moving to the next inline.

Should that any member offer you more than the asking price this is termed as "Trumping" or "Gazumping" and is not allowed on AmiBay as it is against the community spirit and ethic that the site is all about.

I hope that clears up any confusion, remember if in doubt just ask a fellow AmiBayer or Staff Member to help you.

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
That covers most of it, but here's a few extra bits.

Anyone interested must declare as such in the thread before taking discussions to PM. Any bid receievd without a declaration of interest should be ignored as it is not observing our 'first come, first served' rule. It's also classed as a 'silent bid' which is a major no-no on here.

This is a "State you price and be damned", and "He who dares to declare first wins" sort of site; it's quite orderly and refreshing once you get the hang of it, compared to the auction sites.

*Washes mouth out*

Top Bottom