Hello from the Netherlands (A500 6.a ACA500plus ACA1221lc)

rikponne

Country
Netherlands
Region
Overijssel
Good morning from the Netherlands. Over 30 years ago I owned a A500 Rev 6.a, with just an external drive. I upgraded to 1Mb RAM by adding ram to the mainboard and changing some jumpers around - also included a swicth to select 512chip/512 slow or 1Mb chip. I also had a KCS PowerPC Board (XT PC). I sold all when I changed to a 386 PC. Feeling nostalgic I saw a A500Rev 6.a for sale and jumped on it. Also bought a 1084S monitor to go with it. (I always wanted to have one back in the day but ended up using my TV, which wasn't too bad either). Did a lot of internet research about what's available nowadays and ended up buying a ACA500plus (new) and ACA1221lc (used), and a couple of CF cards. I had never used WB much and never had a HD with my Amiga before, so I was (and still am) on a steep learning curve. I managed to install WB3.1 and upgrade to 3.2.2. With help from some very friendly A500 owner with similar setup I met online I managed to instal DOPUS, WHDLoad and MUI & iGame. A lot of trial and error to get there. Using WinUAE in the process has made it easier.
Anyway, I am looking forward to learning and engaging with other Amiga lovers here!

Last edited:

m0c

Cracked by Megabyte
Country
Netherlands
Region
Utrecht
I live in Utrecht and own a bunch of A1000s, A500s and a (Re)Amiga1200. I've also built 7 GBA1000s, two of which have been sold.

rikponne

Country
Netherlands
Region
Overijssel
Ah, oke! Ik ben een (her)-beginner ;-). Heb net een Super Denise besteld. Denk ook nog over een 2Mb Agnus, maar die zijn duur!

Watson

Forth Year Navvie
Staff member
Staff Moderator
Blogger
Country
England
Region
Nottingham
Welome to Amibay!

English only though, please. Thanks (y)

m0c

Cracked by Megabyte
Country
Netherlands
Region
Utrecht
2MB Agnii have indeed become pretty expensive lately. @CodePoet has put a few of them up for sale. Note that they are VBB and require a 100nF capacitor between GND and pin 40.

rikponne

Country
Netherlands
Region
Overijssel
Yes, thanks. $<snip> is steep. With my ACA500plus and ACA1221LC would I need to change the RAM on MB (to 2Mb)? And would this be compatible with my ACA500plus-ACA1221LC setup?

Last edited by a moderator:

Watson

Forth Year Navvie
Staff member
Staff Moderator
Blogger
Country
England
Region
Nottingham
Yes, thanks. $<snip> is steep. With my ACA500plus and ACA1221LC would I need to change the RAM on MB (to 2Mb)? And would this be compatible with my ACA500plus-ACA1221LC setup?
Price discussions are against the rules.

You have broken the rules twice in the same thread! Not a very good way to start. Please read the rules.

eldeesan

Country
Mexico
Region
GTO
Aha. I also used to live in warmer places for around 20 years. Now I am back in the Netherlands for 3 years.
Cool, how did that go? I've been thinking about returning home as well. Just don't know if me (or my family) could stand the weather.

rikponne

Country
Netherlands
Region
Overijssel
Haha, well, it went surprisingly well, but reintegrating into the Dutch system is something else. But it's all good now, everybody is happy.

Top Bottom