Hello! Not new here but thought I'd speak up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chewieshmoo

Lover of all things RETRO!
AmiBayer
Country
Canada
Region
British Columbia
Hey everyone!
Well I figured since I joined back on 9th December 2008 it was about time I introduce myself. I have been lurking for some time, great site. I have been into Commodore and specifically AMIGA as for a long time like most of you. Though I grew up fairly poor and could not indulge all my Amiga dreams I did at least have an A500 and later as I got older and started working an A1200 eventually upgraded with 030 / 2mb ram / 120 gb hard drive.

Unfortunately I've no Amiga hardware today but still enjoy reading articles about the classic Amiga hardware on serious forums. Also I use Amiga Forever emulation to get an occasional Amiga fix. I live in CANADA so even at the Amiga's best it was still pretty obscure and pretty much ignored in retail outlets, the A500+ never appeared here and the A600 was rarely seen and that always annoyed me. Sticking with it over the years was pretty tough but still well worth it. It was always hard to convince others back in the day why this computer they never heard of was so special which is why I love communities like this that just "get it" lol! Well, I am 41yrs old and to this day am still fascinated and impressed by all things AMIGA! Nice to be here. :)

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
Welcome Chewie, nice to see another Canuck on board...(y)

Chewieshmoo

AmiBayer
Country
Canada
Region
British Columbia
Thanks guys!
Though I am a proud Canadian I admit I was very jealous growing up seeing the love and support the AMIGA had in the UK.

Oh, I might as well add, I love Horror movies (I collected FAMOUS MONSTERS when most of my friends collected MAD MAGAZINE growing up) and also Mystery Science Theatre 3000 and I do Classic Gaming videos on Youtube in my Channel here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MaximumRD

Also my Classic Gaming/Computing Facebook group HERE:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=26887025879

Templar

In Finem Vobis Videtur De Christiana
VIP
Country
Hellas
Region
Cydonia
Welcome m8y. :pint:

Time to acquire an Amiga... (y)

Chewieshmoo

AmiBayer
Country
Canada
Region
British Columbia

Well, currently I am laid off from work. I DO hope to get another Amiga someday at least for collecting purposes! Just hope when the time comes I can get something reasonable. I DO have a 2 Commodore 64's both the breadbox model and the slimmer 64C as well as a tape drive and 1541 diskdrive, unfortunately I've no games for them on disk or cassette.............

I have a few Atari computers but all have issue's so they are not usable. As far as working and usasable I have Nintendo DS phat, Sony PSP, original XBOX, Playstation 2, Sega Saturn, 3DO, CDi, Colecovision, Intellivision II with Intellivoice, Sega CDX, Sears Video Arcade II, oh and an Atari 7800 on the way................my PC is pretty kick ass too.........

Last edited:

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
Well, we are all retro brothers and sisters together here, all are welcome...no matter what the fanboi platform.....:LOL:

(y)

Templar

VIP
Country
Hellas
Region
Cydonia

Well, currently I am laid off from work. I DO hope to get another Amiga someday at least for collecting purposes! Just hope when the time comes I can get something reasonable. I DO have a 2 Commodore 64's both the breadbox model and the slimmer 64C as well as a tape drive and 1541 diskdrive, unfortunately I've no games for them on disk or cassette.............

I have a few Atari computers but all have issue's so they are not usable. As far as working and usasable I have Nintendo DS phat, Sony PSP, original XBOX, Playstation 2, Sega Saturn, 3DO, CDi, Colecovision, Intellivision II with Intellivoice, Sega CDX, Sears Video Arcade II, oh and an Atari 7800 on the way................my PC is pretty kick ass too.........

It's really sad that you forgot the CDTV. It's really a masterpiece. :nod:

Last edited:

Chewieshmoo

AmiBayer
Country
Canada
Region
British Columbia
Well, we are all retro brothers and sisters together here, all are welcome...no matter what the fanboi platform.....:LOL:

(y)

Very cool! For the record I also have the same username at Classicamiga and Lemon Amiga. If any of you guys check out the Facebook group and Youtube channel I posted earlier I would love to have any of you join or subscribe! Any AMIGA fan is automatically cool in my book!

And I agree, all who are into retro platforms should get along, share and have fun. I have seen Fanboyism really go over bored and isolate others which is ridiculous! We all appreciate and get the attraction of classic / retro gaming and computing and should do our best to support each other.
I was never into old PC DOS gaming but have enjoyed learning about it lately, I think I just find it fascinating how much effort went into the older platforms, I liked when computers were not just "PC" or "APPLE" platforms and everyone was trying to come up with the next "big thing". As a collector I try to get some of the lesser known or less popular systems. When I DO make a video on a popular system I also try to show titles that are not as well known, I mean do we really need yet another opinion or review on Sonic the Hedgehog/Mario/E.T./Pac Man? Well that's my view anyways........

---------- Post added at 21:41 ---------- Previous post was at 21:40 ----------

@ Phantom

LOL! Trust me I forgot no such thing! Back in the day I REALLY wanted one of those! Especially with a matching sexy black monitor, but between lack of $$$$$ and the lack of presence of CDTV in CANADA it sadly never happened. Of course today I still don't have a lot of $$$$$ and I rarely see them available anywhere, if I DO it is either priced beyond what is reasonable for me OR by the time shipping is considered it is a deal breaker. Of course their are many consoles and computers I would still love to get one day but short of winning a lottery or gaining a massive inheritance it is not likely......:(

It's really sad that you forgot the CDTV. It's really a masterpiece. nod:

Last edited:

Templar

VIP
Country
Hellas
Region
Cydonia
That's true, but my lunacy about the CDTV never stopped. I recently found a SCSI controller and a Kickstart Switcher. I'm waiting the IDE to CF adapter, and with conjuction with the SCSI to IDE bridge, I'll finally be ready to insert a 4GB CF card into CDTV as a hard drive to play games via WhdLoad in my living room. Top stuff!!! (y)

Chewieshmoo

AmiBayer
Country
Canada
Region
British Columbia
That's true, but my lunacy about the CDTV never stopped. I recently found a SCSI controller and a Kickstart Switcher. I'm waiting the IDE to CF adapter, and with conjuction with the SCSI to IDE bridge, I'll finally be ready to insert a 4GB CF card into CDTV as a hard drive to play games via WhdLoad in my living room. Top stuff!!! (y)

Wow that sounds awesome! You are very lucky. Actually I really liked the systems that were trying so hard to be "multimedia devices" even the much disgraced 3DO and CDi systems, as soon as cd media came along it was as if these companies wanted to exploit the storage capability and to me theses early attempts at multimedia have a charm all their own. Yeah I really though the CDTV was an awesome idea for it's time and looking at Ads, reading articles etc I was surprised that it did not become a big hit though I think for those early systems they really were just ahead of their time and the public did not know what to make of them.......

Chewieshmoo

AmiBayer
Country
Canada
Region
British Columbia
Hey Chewieshmoo! Great to see you here. It's been a while since I've seen you on CA.

Yeah been really busy for a long while, life's little ups and downs you know?
I will try to hang out more, even if I am not posting I am lurking..........

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
Hey Chewieshmoo!

It's always good to see new people interacting in the forums. I'm pretty much a lurker on most forums that I visit, except this one and Lemon64. :) You have some nice retro gear! I'd really like to get some of the consoles you have. :) I'd really like to get a CD-i as well. They definitely have great retro charm.

Time to go check out your YouTube channel. :)

Take care,

Heather

Chewieshmoo

AmiBayer
Country
Canada
Region
British Columbia
Wow thanks for the all the friendly posts, that is why I always like Amiga communities, great people on them..............:D

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
I watched your review of the ColecoVision 128-in-1 FLASH Multi-Cart. Very good stuff! I've been tempted to get one for a while but I don't yet have a ColecoVision. :( I think I'll post a wanted thread here to try to purchase one.

Thanks for the review!

Take care,

Heather

Chewieshmoo

AmiBayer
Country
Canada
Region
British Columbia
I watched your review of the ColecoVision 128-in-1 FLASH Multi-Cart. Very good stuff! I've been tempted to get one for a while but I don't yet have a ColecoVision. :( I think I'll post a wanted thread here to try to purchase one.

Thanks for the review!

Take care,

Heather

Oh yeah it is a wonderful product as with all products at AtariMax. I love firing up those classic Colecovision games with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom