Hello world

Orkin

Country
United States
Region
Wisconsin
After lurking for awhile, I'm just getting back into using Amigas. I have an A4000 with a Video Toaster, and I'm looking to upgrade it to run OS4. I'd also like to get one of the "next-gen" Amigas to play with.

Other than that, I have a history a long time ago of using A2000s and A3000s, none of which I have anymore.

Slayer

Country
New Zealand
Region
Dunedin
I'd also like to get one of the "next-gen" Amigas to play with.

Greetings, you seem familair ;)

You certainly won't regret this I'm on to 2nd SAM (800mhz) and looking forward to the X1000... you might perhaps miss out the SAMep and SAMFlex and go for the new SAM460 which has some very nice features as well a being just over 1gig processor...

I'll get a SAM460 later on and possibly even sell the SAMep but then, don't quote me on that, you can never have enough Amigas :huh: :LOL:

Orkin

Country
United States
Region
Wisconsin
Greetings, you seem familair ;)

You certainly won't regret this I'm on to 2nd SAM (800mhz) and looking forward to the X1000... you might perhaps miss out the SAMep and SAMFlex and go for the new SAM460 which has some very nice features as well a being just over 1gig processor...

I'll get a SAM460 later on and possibly even sell the SAMep but then, don't quote me on that, you can never have enough Amigas :huh: :LOL:
I am looking forward to the SAM460 right now as well. I'm wondering, for budget reasons, if I shouldn't just get one of those and wait until I can get a CyberStormPPC card a bit cheaper. They seem hard to come by right now unless I'm willing to spend over $1000 for one.

Slayer

Country
New Zealand
Region
Dunedin
It's not a silly idea to just go for the SAM460 but I doubt very much that the PPC cards will drop through the floor any time soon or if at all...

Some do seem to command the very threshold of insanity but at the end of the day what's a few dollars either side if you really want something!

What I do when I need to stretch is generally go for it because the quicker you do the quicker you can regain your footing and then that's one less target you've got to make in the immediate future of your ongoing life!

:woot: :bounceBoingBall: :woot:

Top Bottom