Hello World

mikem

AmiBayer
Country
USA
Region
San Diego, CA
Hello everyone! I'm just starting out in the Amiga world -- better late than never I always say. My first computer was a TRS-80 CoCo2, and when it was time to upgrade I had to decide between Amiga (the machine I REALLY wanted) and the PC world and ended up with a Tandy 1000 SX since there was a Radio Shack but no Amiga shops where I lived.

For some reason I got the itch to take another look at Amiga (no idea why... I just get these strange notions once in a while) and picked up an Amiga 500 off of craigslist. Now I'm getting ready to Retr0Bright it and can't stop searching for more Amigas! I think I need a 1200 or 4000 to compliment my 500... oh and the 1200 tower kit looks like it would be a blast to put together.

Sigh... my poor, poor credit card :)

macwhoelse

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
Exeter, Devon
Hi Mikem,

Welcome to Amibay.:)
I'm pretty sure you'll find the bits you're looking for in here.

Mac :rainbow:

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
Hiya mikem,

Welcome! There are a couple of CoCo users on here, so you are among company.

/nudges TheCorfiot

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
Welcome mikem!

My first computer was the CoCo2 but I really wanted a C64. I eventually traded that CoCo2 with a little cash to get the C64. :D

Welcome to AmiBay! I hope you enjoy it here.

Take care,

Heather

salaxi54

Incoming ASROC!
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
GREECE
Region
Athens
Welcome dude, guess most of us didn't get what we wanted originally; but times, they are a changin' :)

mikem

AmiBayer
Country
USA
Region
San Diego, CA
Welcome mikem!

My first computer was the CoCo2 but I really wanted a C64. I eventually traded that CoCo2 with a little cash to get the C64. :D

Welcome to AmiBay! I hope you enjoy it here.

Take care,

Heather

That's funny -- the first computer I ever used was a C64 and the CoCo2 was a compromise (it was cheaper at the time)! I actually just picked up a C64 and VIC-20 off eBay. Still awaiting their arrival but they looked nearly mint in the pictures.

I think I might also pick up a CoCo3 if a nice one pops up. I have a 512kb memory upgrade itching to be installed!

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
Ooh! Be sure to pick up a uIEC/SD for your Commodore computers. It can be used on both the C64 and VIC-20. It allows you to use D64 image files on a SD Card just like you would a real floppy disk drive. :D A must have for your Commodore 8-Bit systems.

Heather

Top Bottom