Hello

Jamie

Country
UK
Region
Stourbridge, West Midlands
Hi Everyone

I stumbled upon this forum after recently picking up an Amiga 1200 Desktop Dynamite pack from Ebay. Unfortunately (for my wallet) the techie in me is always looking at ways to upgrade and expand stuff and as such my searches lead here.

This is my first Amiga since the mid ninties, but before that i had a A600 with which i had many happy hours gaming on Monkey Island, Speedball 2, Chaos Engine etc.

Looking forward to getting some good advice and info, as well as just chatting about the system.

Cheers
Jamie

ck1200

CBM & Retro Mad
AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
North Wales
Welcome mate there will be some nice upgrades for you to buy from here im sure, depends how far you want to go, you may want to consider joining eab too (english amiga board)

any pics of your 1200 :)

Jamie

Country
UK
Region
Thanks, will have a look over at eab.

No pictures yet mate, as i've not received it yet, only bought it yesterday but it should be here by Wednesday hopefully (y)

Already bought a IDE CF adapter and a 4GB CF card, so that'll give me something to mess with when it gets here.

ck1200

CBM & Retro Mad
AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
North Wales
yes thats a good first step some will also still allow the led lights to work so you know when it's in use etc :)

i guess your next step will be a ram card 8mb maybe? (y)

Jamie

Country
UK
Region
Yeah that's what originally led me here, i was looking at ways of expanding the ram.

ck1200

CBM & Retro Mad
AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
North Wales
Most start with a small ram card 4mb/8mb depending if you want to use the pcmcia port (left hand side of 1200) this will not work with 8mb selected!

the further option is to get an accelerator card with a faster cpu over the standard 020 this will have a slot for ram and a max amount that it can take

see my sig for example in mine is a accelerator card with an 030@40mhz and 64mb ram

hope this helps

chris

Jamie

Country
UK
Region
Thanks for the info, will have a look at the options you mentioned.

ck1200

CBM & Retro Mad
AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
North Wales
no probs, im sure 8mb cards will pop here and on flea bay :)

Top Bottom