Status
Not open for further replies.

Bootay

AmiBayer
Country
USA
Region
Michigan
I am new here and was just wondering how many people here are from the US...particularly in Michigan. Just wondering as most US citizens are rare on the Amiga scene. As for Michigan...I only know 5 people who even heard of Amiga let alone Commodore. :)

Plus I have a bunch of Amiga stuff I want to sell and would prefer not to ship overseas if I don't have to. ;)

Bootay

AmiBayer
Country
USA
Region
Michigan
Thanks!

If I have to I will ship overseas. I don't want anyone to think I am being a jerk. ;)

I did ship my A4000 motherboard to New Zealand for battery damage repair so I do know what to expect. I acquired a bunch of Amiga stuff with my A4000 a while back and I do not know what half of it is. I was told to offer the stuff to people here by the guy who fixed my battery damage, because he said it is a good community. I read from the rules that I am not allowed to ask what items are worth, but am I allowed to post pics to find out what I have? I have a list of what came in the package that I bought but I cannot tell you what is what.

If I am posting this in the wrong section I apologize.

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire
..... but am I allowed to post pics to find out what I have? I have a list of what came in the package that I bought but I cannot tell you what is what.....

AmiOracle is the right forum for that.

You could also have a look at the Amiga Hardware Database which should help a lot identifying your bits and pieces.

Welcome to AmiBay BTW. :)

Bootay

AmiBayer
Country
USA
Region
Michigan
Ahhh ok I will post pics in AmiOracle then.

Thanks!

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
Hi Bootay. Welcome to AmiBay m8y & hope you have a great time here.
If you post some pictures in the AmiOracle section, there are several members on here who will be glad to offer any help they can RE: your box of unknown H/W.

All the Best,

Kin

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
Hey Bootay,

I was actually born and grew up in Grand Rapids, MI until middle school. I was then in Cadillac until I went into the military. I really disliked the military and was out in less than 2 years. I went back to MI for a few years then moved to North Carolina.

Much of my family still lives in MI and I've got a good friend who lives in Cedar Springs that was an Amiga user. :) I go up to Michigan to visit about once a year. I was actually there at the beginning of November. :)

I'm very happy to see more people from the USA showing up on the site. Maybe we can get some good kit without having to pay for shipping overseas. :wink:

Good to have you here!

Heather

Nathanieltolbert

Country
United States
Region
Olathe, Kansas
My wife was born in Madison, Wisconsin and spent most of her youth growing up in Michigan. However, she didn't know much about Commodore or Amiga. I was born and raised in Kansas (the boring state) and had an Amiga when I was a kid (okay family computer, but still) I can't remember many other people even knowing much about them. There was only one store that I knew of that sold Amiga anything in Topeka when I was a kid and it was a tiny computer store in downtown. Can't even remember the name of it now.

Bootay

AmiBayer
Country
USA
Region
Michigan
@SkydivinGirl:
Nice. Yea I am in Clinton Township Mi which is in Macomb County. I work with a girl that grew up in Grand Rapids. Selling and Buying in the US is just much easier so I wanted to see how many users you had. :)

@Nathanieltolbert:
Yea, growing up in Michigan, the only Amiga store I knew of was Slipped Disk and it wasn't really that close. I didn't know anyone who even knew what an Amiga was. After calling some BBS' I found a few friends that were also Amiga fans and some of them I still hang out with to this day, and they are still Amiga fans to this day as well.

The US was not an Amiga friendly country but i held my loyalty to Commodore from the C64 days. And I used an Amiga all the way up until they went bankrupt and Slipped Disk closed down. Then I finally broke down and got a PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom