Help identifying an A2500

palfyst

Country
Oregon
I recently acquired 6 Amiga 2000s. There are 3 covers that say 2000HD, 1 says 2500, 1 with no label and one that says 2000. I also got a box full of all kinds of expansion cards. I’m not sure that the covers are on the original systems and I don’t think any of the expansion cards that are in the systems are in their original places. I have read that the 2500 is just a 2000 with an accelerator and HD and the 2000HDs are just 2000s with a HD. Is this true? Were there specific motherboard versions for the 2500 and 2000HD?

Thanks.

salaxi54

Incoming ASROC!
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
GREECE
Region
Athens
You pretty much have figured it out yourself! :) Ye ole' A2500 was just an A2000 with some extras (cpu, scsi) http://www.amiga-hardware.com/showhardware.cgi?HARDID=20
Never seen a plain-vanilla A2500, but when these beasts were hot i was lucky enough to come face-to-face with an A2500UX (another variant of the family). I must if spent nearly an hour just looking at it.... :D

Tajmaster

Truth, Justice, all that stuff.
Country
UK
Region
Bradford, West Yorkshire
Pictures, must have pictures :p:p:p High res close up ones, especially of the expansions! :D Also, check the batteries have been removed mate as you could have some dead A2k's otherwise (n)

palfyst

Country
Oregon
Okay, I'll take some pictures soon. I'm disassembling everything, taking the battery off of the motherboard, and cleaning everything. So far I have taken out 3 motherboards (2 x Rev 6.2 and a Rev 4), removed the battery and tested them to see if they at least boot to the kickstart screen. 2 of the 3 did work. The one that didn’t has a DSK MegaChip. I will find the manual for the MegaChip and see if it is connected correctly.

Other stuff I found in the box of expansion cards:

· CSA Derringer 030 – untested - it has one broken pin that goes into the 68000 socket
· Progressive Peripherals 040 Rev C Accelerator - untested
· 6 x 2091 SCSI
· 5 SCSI hard drives
· GVP 2000 HC+8 SCSI
· Supra RAM card
· Video Toaster
· 3 x A2320 video
· 2 x 2090 SCSI
· MacroSystem Retina graphics
· And other stuff I haven’t identified yet
:roll:

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Boy, oh, boy!

Tell me about best buy! Those expansions are the top bananas.:drool:

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Treasurer
Country
UK
Region
Southampton
I needs to find me a haul like that! That's an awesome collection, good luck getting it all up-and-running :)

JLPedro

AmiBayer
Country
Portugal
Region
Coimbra
Six A2000 (and 2500...) :blink::blink::blink:!!! :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:
Really this things just don't appent to me.....

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
It almost happened to me if I was a bit more quick.

Long terror story short: the university where I catch my degree use to have 5 heavily expanded A2000s (GVP 030/50 with 16Mb, Toaster in 4 units, broadcast board in the other, plus ethernet!).

After I quit I remember to contact the IT manager of the university asking for the computers (intending to buy all of them).

The girl told me they sold the computers to a company that mill they to use as concrete charge! That 3 months before I asked for they.

Some people are simple stupid.

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
They grind the computers and used the dust as an add-on in concrete mixture...

Tajmaster

Truth, Justice, all that stuff.
Country
UK
Region
Bradford, West Yorkshire
"They grind the computers and used the dust as an add-on in concrete mixture... "

:Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh::wooha::wooha::wooha::wooha::blink::woot::shock:

I think that pretty much sums it up, lol!

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
It almost happened to me if I was a bit more quick.

Long terror story short: the university where I catch my degree use to have 5 heavily expanded A2000s (GVP 030/50 with 16Mb, Toaster in 4 units, broadcast board in the other, plus ethernet!).

After I quit I remember to contact the IT manager of the university asking for the computers (intending to buy all of them).

The girl told me they sold the computers to a company that mill they to use as concrete charge! That 3 months before I asked for they.

Some people are simple stupid.

The girl told me they sold the computers to a company that mill they to use as concrete charge!

What does this mean?

They grind the computers and used the dust as an add-on in concrete mixture...

Ouch! That's even worse than "Toasting" them! :D

"They grind the computers and used the dust as an add-on in concrete mixture... "

:Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh::wooha::wooha::wooha::wooha::blink::woot::shock:

I think that pretty much sums it up, lol!

....Which just goes to show how Strong the Amiga is. Holding up todays modern Sky Scrapers. :bowdown:

Kin

Top Bottom