Help Identifying Mouse

Tajmaster

Truth, Justice, all that stuff.
Country
UK
Region
Bradford, West Yorkshire
Hi All

I bought a mouse which I thought was for an Amiga but I think it may be a Commodore branded serial mouse. I dont want to plug it into my Amiga and kill the machine so can anyone confirm whether this is an Amiga mouse or not?

Thanks

Taj

Attachments

• P1254_17-11-10.jpg
    P1254_17-11-10.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 0
  • P1254[01]_17-11-10.jpg
    P1254[01]_17-11-10.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 1

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
It looks like the one that came with my A4000, but please don't plug it in till someone else has a more concrete reply!

tokyoracer

(Not actually from Tokyo).
Blogger
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Norfolk
That is an Amiga one, iv'e had a few of them but they are utterly crap, better off with the Tank or Pebble ones rather then them (is was produced somewhere between these 2 styles).

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
That is an Amiga one, iv'e had a few of them but they are utterly crap, better off with the Tank or Pebble ones (is was produced somewhere between these 2 styles) rather then them.

If its the same as mine the buttons were cr@p, I recorgnise the way they are connected if that makes sense. With the little bit of plastic...

Seaside

AmiBayer
Country
Greece
Region
Athens
This "Rat" was with early models of A1200 (Commodore) which they had 3.0 roms and i think with A3000.

I confirm that the quality and generally the whole product is more than "crap"

Mine works fine in A1200,500,500+ and 600. But it's not so practical as the Tank Rat or the Round one.

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
What gives it as an Amiga mouse is the "A" before the serial number.

But I agree: this version of Amiga mouse is the worst companion for your Amiga.

If you can, replace it for a better one (that's easy: no other Amiga mouse is worse!).

Tajmaster

Truth, Justice, all that stuff.
Country
UK
Region
Bradford, West Yorkshire
Thanks for the responses guys (y)

Its not for me to use personally, Im going to sell one of my Amiga 1200s in the near future but didnt have a spare mouse to bundle with it :)

FYI, the buttons seem quite "clicky" so I would expect them to be responsive? Ill try it tonight :) Also, am I the only person who hates the tank mice?! LOL! They have awkward buttons and are not comfortable to use, I prefer the pebble style mouse that came with a lot of A1200s.

Thanks again

Taj

tokyoracer

(Not actually from Tokyo).
Blogger
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Norfolk
It's not really the buttons, it's the general cheapness of the whole thing. Also it's movement is a joke but yeah, it's ideal to put together a complete A1200 outfit for a sale. :)

Seaside

AmiBayer
Country
Greece
Region
Athens
Thanks for the responses guys (y)

Also, am I the only person who hates the tank mice?! LOL!

Thanks again

Taj

You can hate as much as you want the Tank but is far and with difference the most reliable from all

Amiga mice. You have to break it to malfunction.

Top Bottom