Help needed with Micronik Scandex scandoubler.

Xanxi

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
France
Region
Paris
Hi.

I have a faulty Scandex scandoubler and i need a picture or schematic of the wires that go from the DB23 connector to the board inside the Scandex.

Please help if you have the same adapter.

It looks like the picture above. The second picture is from mine, with badly soldered wires as i do not know the proper order.

scandex.jpg

diapo3871b73c201adbcb158116c7ea69effc.jpg

skippy

Country
BRISTOL, UK
Region
Avon
There is a German pdf manual online that consists all of one page, though no schematics unfortunately. ("Das ist nicht gut.")

If you don't have any joy finding the schematics you could perhaps creep a little sneak peek using Google, as I've noticed there are other users within the community on forums with this device and kindly converse with them in the event they don't happen across your posting here.

Failing that maybe a reverse engineer logical approach: Write down the corresponding colours of the wires to the DB32 pin end, (I have the pinouts if necessary).

If you have an Amiga (you can chance working with this theory) then maybe take the core pins 10,11,12 and say 3 begin cross-referencing them to the solder points whilst plugged into a VGA monitor until you gain a stable image. Once you've got RED, GREEN and BLUE will fall into place, GND will be obvious that then leaves 4 possible combinations for the others.

If you've got an oscilloscope you could test the VGA-solder points and using the on board logic also trace to the "VGA" pinouts and duly note to help deduct with more accuracy when pairing to reduce the guessing game - Phew!!

Hope this helps.

Skippy (Listening to Guns and Roses :cool:)

Xanxi

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
France
Region
Paris
Thanks for those advices :)
Actually, i am not doing the repair myself.
I sent the Scandex to AmigaCenter, our french repair service used to do miracles. However, this time it seems he can not do anything unless he got the schematic or picture.
I'm transmitting your message in case he doesn't know :)

skippy

Country
BRISTOL, UK
Region
Avon
Fantastique!

Here's hoping Amiga Center France can perform another miracle.

Note: DB23 Pins 21,22,23 (12/5 Volts) Pin 10 aprx 4.5v so be sure they're not inadvertently connected to a data line :wooha:

[Where the power lines connect to the solder points they should notice certain favours of SMT components likewise with the data lines]

Ideally you just need some kind soul to open theirs and take a photo of the wiring arrangement. :ninja:

Que vive la France et la Scandex scandoubler (y)

Le Skippque

Xanxi

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
France
Region
Paris
Hi skippyar.

Unfortunatly, no success with Amigacenter.:(

I may show it to someone else as i can't believe an amigan piece of hardware is impossible to fix.:)

skippy

Country
BRISTOL, UK
Region
Avon
Hi skippyar.

I may show it to someone else as i can't believe an amigan piece of hardware is impossible to fix.:)

Give it to me, I'll pay you 1 euro for it. Then when I've fixed it I'll sell it back to you for 60 euros. (y)

Xanxi

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
France
Region
Paris
Hi skippyar.

Give it to me, I'll pay you 1 euro for it. Then when I've fixed it I'll sell it back to you for 60 euros. (y)

Would you seriously know how to repair it?:)

skippy

Country
BRISTOL, UK
Region
Avon
If you PM me for address then pop it in the post I'll have a look at it.

Regards,

Paul.

(Hope I'm not breaching any house rules.)

Top Bottom