Help on how to post item for sale

anagrama

Country
England
Region
Manchester
Ive been trying to post an item for sale but I keep getting an error about too many tags. I cannot get the item for sale posted because and im unsure whats wrong. Please could someone point out to me what it is im doing wrong. Thanks in advance!

Templar

In Finem Vobis Videtur De Christiana
VIP
Country
Hellas
Region
Cydonia
Keep your tags low. Possibly seperated with commas, use 2-4 words, is ok I pressume.

tokyoracer

(Not actually from Tokyo).
Blogger
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Norfolk
If it's any help, your tags are near the bottom of the page chap. :)

All they do is aid the search engine.

anagrama

Country
England
Region
Manchester
I really dont get it, im doing nothing different to when I posted this message. Yet it says "The number of tags you tried to add to this thread exceeded the maximum number of tags by 2"

I took note of the tag section below but still nothing changed

Here is the post I wanted to add... If anyone can see where im going wrong that would be great, thanks

Title:

Blizzard 1240-1260 Accelerator 68040RC processor and 16mb of ram

Content:

I have for sale a Blizzard Phase 5 1260 accelerator board which comes fitted with a 68040RC processor @ 40mhz and 16mb of ram (upgradable to 64mb). This is basically a 1240 accelerator on a 1260 ready board should you ever want to have it upgraded / modified to a full 1260.

This card gets a 28691 Dhrystones result in sysinfo, it comes in full working order and is in excellent condition. The only things I should mention is that the fan cable does not have a connector so this will have to be soldered to a power source or a connector will have to be fitted. Also this will not fit into a desktop 1200 unless you have your trapdoor open and system elevated with larger feet pads so that there is room for the memory simm.

Asking £225 plus shipping.

Templar

In Finem Vobis Videtur De Christiana
VIP
Country
Hellas
Region
Cydonia
Try to use 2 tags then: Blizzard, accelerator.

anagrama

Country
England
Region
Manchester
Its completely useless my friend, even if I try to put blizzard as the title and asking price £225 as the content im still getting the same error message.

:blink:

---------- Post added at 20:29 ---------- Previous post was at 20:28 ----------

Whats actually classed as a tag?

tokyoracer

(Not actually from Tokyo).
Blogger
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Norfolk
You only have to use tags when you start a thread.

This is the format you need to do it as:

WORD, WORD, WORD, WORD

P.S. I can't remember if spaces are required or not.

StrontiumDog

Banned
Country
United Kingdom
Region
The Willen Lake
The tags are generated from the title of the post so.....

'Blizzard 1240-1260 Accelerator 68040RC processor and 16mb of ram' will make the following tabs: Blizzard, 1240-1260, Accelerator, 68040RC, Processor, 16mb & RAM respectively.

If you shorten the title to "Blizzard 1240/60 card with 16mb RAM, it brings the number of tags down to 4 plus you can always expand on the title in the main body of the advert :D

Peter

AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
Kent
Just delete the tags (keywords) from the tag list at the bottom that you don't want.
That works for me...

anagrama

Country
England
Region
Manchester
The tags are generated from the title of the post so.....

'Blizzard 1240-1260 Accelerator 68040RC processor and 16mb of ram' will make the following tabs: Blizzard, 1240-1260, Accelerator, 68040RC, Processor, 16mb & RAM respectively.

If you shorten the title to "Blizzard 1240/60 card with 16mb RAM, it brings the number of tags down to 4 plus you can always expand on the title in the main body of the advert :D

Even with "Blizzard 1240/60 card 16mb RAM" as the title im still getting the same error message about the maximum number of tags by 2.

:bowdown: - Me banging my head on the desk!

---------- Post added at 21:25 ---------- Previous post was at 21:18 ----------

Just delete the tags (keywords) from the tag list at the bottom that you don't want.
That works for me...

You hit the nail on the head!

Basically if you write a title that it doesnt like and go to post it then the tags list at the bottom tells you whats not suitable. If you update the title and post it again you would expect the tags box to update but it doesnt, so after trying loads of variations of title the system wouldnt let me upload it because the tag box still had the tags from my first attempt and didnt update when I hit post, I had to manually take out the words which I didnt want to use. Surely this is some kind of technical glitch?

Thanks everyone for the help - I got there in the end, I promise not to peck your heads any further! :Doh:

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
Auto generation of tags is not a standard feature of vBulletin, but one that I added to aid members because many were forgetting to add any tags, which badly effects search results. As with filenames and urls, tags must follow similar conventions, so no exotic characters in the tags and it should be fine.

Top Bottom