HELP PLS... Pc to Amiga setup

Phil1978

AmiBayer
Country
UK.
Region
Rotherham' South Yorkshire.
Sorry if iv posted this in the wrong place....

Heres the problem' Iv been out to buy a null cable and usb convertor cos my pc dunt have a serial port.. So anyway iv plugged everythin in amiga and pc side and downloaded amiga explorer and installed it on the pc.. But its saying "There has been a conflict accessing the amiga explorer resources" I know this might seem easy to some of you but to me! Its driving me mad my pc and amiga almost went out the window!

PLEASE HELP!!! :)

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
Hello Phil,

In order to be able to help you, we need a bit more information.

Which model of Amiga do you have and which version of Workbench are you running?

What is the operating system on the PC (XP, Vista, Win 7 etc.)?

At an educated guess, it sounds like you need to figure out what COM port is (or can) to be assigned to the USB port you are using, then set up Amiga Explorer to use that port; without further information from you, it's hard to help you.

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
plus serial to usb converters are notoriously difficult to get working in the 1st place, but if you need help the guys on here are the best to ask (y)

Phil1978

AmiBayer
Country
UK.
Region
WOW I love this forum! :) You guys are so fast at replying!

Iv got an amiga 1200 WB 3.0
And as my main pc wont recognize the usb to serial adapter im usein a tablet pc with windows xp SP2 installed as for com ports iv been usin com5' port settings 9600 bps' data bits 8' parity none' stop bits 1' and Xon/Xoff thats both for pc and amiga.... I gotta be missing somethin simple! :blink:

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Amiga Explorer needs to be set in 19200kbps on the first use.

Phil1978

AmiBayer
Country
UK.
Region
The packet says DB9-DB25 NULL MODEM F-F
Serial null modem cable LL245.... You may know better than me about that' To me its just a serial null cable lol... :unsure:

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
did you read the link i sent bud? it's about having a correctly wired cable, it has a drawing of how the wiring should be, can you check it against yours?

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Open one of the covers: the cable must have seven wires hooked in. If it is a 3-wire cable it is no good for Amiga Explorer.

Phil1978

AmiBayer
Country
UK.
Region
Ye iv seen the link' Cheers... Ill open up to null cable and have alook... Cheers again :)

---------- Post added at 20:43 ---------- Previous post was at 19:08 ----------

SORTED!!!! Happy days! :D The null cable is fine iv got my hands on an older pc with a com part on it and its worked first time! YAYYYYYY :D

Thanx again for all your help' Im sure ill be buggin you guys somemore soon lol... Thanx again :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom