Help with PCMCIA network card

Tajmaster

Truth, Justice, all that stuff.
Country
UK
Region
Bradford, West Yorkshire
Hi guys

I have a 3Com Etherlink 3 (3C589D-TP) PCMCIA network card and was wondering if anyone could tell me if it would work on my Amiga 1200?

If so, how do I get it to work? Do I need to install anything like the PCMCIA reset thing?

Thanks

Taj

mfilos

Extr3m3ly l33t
Country
Greece
Region
Glyfada/Athens
Ive found a driver here:

http://aminet.net/package/driver/net/3c589

Ill try figure out how to work it :)

If anyone can offer any further advice though it will be much appreciated (y)

Thanks to Jujasi above for the links (y)
Only the 3C589 driver will work. Prism2 afaik is only usable on wireless cards. I have also an 3com that works as a charm with the 3C589 driver. You need the classic Cardreset, CardPatch combo for you to be sure you ain't having any issues.

Tajmaster

Country
UK
Region
Bradford, West Yorkshire
Ive found a driver here:

http://aminet.net/package/driver/net/3c589

Ill try figure out how to work it :)

If anyone can offer any further advice though it will be much appreciated (y)

Thanks to Jujasi above for the links (y)
Only the 3C589 driver will work. Prism2 afaik is only usable on wireless cards. I have also an 3com that works as a charm with the 3C589 driver. You need the classic Cardreset, CardPatch combo for you to be sure you ain't having any issues.

Nice one dude (y) I have the EasyADF software from AmigaKit, I believe this installs the Card Reset and Patch, is that correct?

BTW, everytime I see you post I always mis-read your name ;) hehe

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Nice one dude (y) I have the EasyADF software from AmigaKit, I believe this installs the Card Reset and Patch, is that correct?

Yes it does, I also have EasyADF and they installed with that.

Steve.

Tajmaster

Country
UK
Region
Bradford, West Yorkshire
Hi all

I installed the EasyADF software and then the 3Com driver, after a bit of fiddling with Genesis (Im on OS3.9 on the A1200T) I got it working!! (y)(y)(y)(y)

BTW, Amiga towers are the worst designs in history(n) I had to dismantle the whole thing (THE WHOLE THING!) just to plug in my PCMCIA right angle adaptor! :wooha: Anyway, the offshoot of that palava is that the tower is much tidier and Ive removed the (useless) Eyetech PortJnr from the system too :)

Thanks all for your help and advice (y) (yes, this is my favourite smiley;) )

Top Bottom