Help with Ultima Game loading?

AmigaTom62

Country
United States
Region
Charlotte, NC
I got an Amiga 1000 a few weeks ago and it seems to be working fine (boots kickstart 1.3 and Workbench 1.3 okay). I purchased Ultima V from a guy and everything looks in pristine condition and is supposed to be in working order. The game says to boot computer, insert Kickstart 1.2 or greater and then insert the initial game disk. When I do this is just spins on the game disk for a moment and then asks for Workbench 1.3.

Any help?

StrontiumDog

Banned
Country
United Kingdom
Region
The Willen Lake
It probably needs Workbench 1.3's main disk to goto the Workbench enviroment and then you load the game from there.

AmigaTom62

Country
United States
Region
Charlotte, NC
DF0: BAD

DF0: BAD

I tried that as well. Kickstart -> Workbench -> Initial Game Disk -> DF0:BAD. The instructions did not say to load workbench so I think the disk needs to boot after kickstart.

AT

StrontiumDog

Banned
Country
United Kingdom
Region
The Willen Lake
Bad Ultima V disk then me thinks ... Is there anyone in your locale who owns an Amiga to test it on?

LamboJay

AmiBayer
Country
USA
Region
Charlotte, NC
@AmigaTom62, Where abouts in NC are you? I can test the disks for you.

AmigaTom62

Country
United States
Region
Charlotte, NC
@LAMBOJAY I am in Charlotte, NC so real near.

I think I have solved the problem. I have an external 2MB ram expansion and I wondered if that could have been causing an issue so I powered down the system and removed it. Then I rebooted and went through the process again and the game worked fine.

Then I powered down then system and reinstalled the 2MB ram expansion and made sure it was seated correctly and restarted the system. This time everything worked without issue.

Thanks for the help! :D

Top Bottom