Here we go again...... "Amiga 500 with serial no 1"

watsonfmly

Country
United States
Region
West Virginia
There is one for sale on the otherBay. If they know about it, then it is fraud. If they didn't, then they could easily do a Google search.

I sent him a note, telling him that I give him the benefit of doubt, but if he knew, it is fraud. I will probably report the item if he doesn't change it.

He has 0 feedback.

What do ya'll think?

Amiga Forever

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Yorkshire
I wouldnt buy anyone from ebay with ZERO Feedback and it is very risky one!

roy_bates

resistance is futile!
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
england
Region
birmingham
ive seen the sale,its clearly a fake.

first picture isnt even the machine in the sale i think its a cad drawing,lol,it has a label and red led on the top case i don't think that's right(i think the first ones had embosed chicken lips badge or embosed chicken lips into the case)
i think the picture was "borrowed"from the net...
correct me if im wrong though:)

besides,i dont think they put the serial numbers on like that...with so little numbers,even for a low serial,could be wrong though...

Last edited:

moijk

Licence to fish
AmiBayer
Country
Norway
Region
Grimstad
I wouldnt buy anyone from ebay with ZERO Feedback and it is very risky one!

Well, there is nothing wrong with an Amiga 500 with serial number 1. There are quite a few of them out there, can't recall exactly why it was 1 but I think it was something to do with service, refurbish or something that they slapped on a 1 sticker.

http://www.richardlagendijk.nl/cip/computer/item/amiga500/en

I bought a ps3 from a german guy with 2 purchases in feedback and no prior sales. He was very helpful and nice, and he now have one very positive feedback as a seller. ;) You got to start somewhere.

kronuz

Country
Norway
Region
Oslo
Yeah, most likely the first ones would have been gifted to the guys on the Amiga-Team, right ?

demolition

AmiBayer
Country
Denmark
Region
Copenhagen
An A500 with serial #1 is very common yes, but if he had #2, then maybe it would be something special. :)

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
yeah #1 serial labels are very common and were fitted on repaired or serviced A500s, nothing to see here, move along..................

roy_bates

resistance is futile!
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
england
Region
birmingham
i didnt know that...learn something new everyday,lol

still,if anyone happens to find the sale(dont really care about the feedback),it does look dodgy...i would avoid if possible.

soeter04

Country
Netherlands
Region
NH
I've seen a few A500 with serial number one.
Does raise the question, if a miggy is offered as such on ebay, is it even a scam/fraud?
I mean, it does have serial number 1, and maybe Gullible George that buys it will be really happy with that, regardless how overpriced it was :)

ulkealan

Country
turkey
Region
Marmara
I found the sale :)
I also think like moijk, even he has a 0 feedback, we can buy from him.
Also other bay protects the buyer too much, so at the end, if the Amiga is different than listed, buyer can refund %100 and other bay does not force the buyer to return the item if refunded :(

roy_bates

resistance is futile!
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
england
Region
birmingham
i wouldn't feel sorry for the person in that sale.take a good look at this picture and tell me its real...

amiga_500.jpg

this was taken from the net and not from the sale in question....compare to your hearts content

now,i question it because the person took a picture of the label with a mobile phone??? why bother?
they are clearly not the same machine or the machine in the sale.
obviously this is for argument sake...i wont go into ebays t and c's but its obvious this wont end well.

its also a good idea to look at the bids on this joke,its more than suspicious.

Last edited:

ulkealan

Country
turkey
Region
Marmara
This picture can't be real. For my knowledge, if the case is the the original one, it can't have a red power light with the new style A500 badge together

Top Bottom