Hermes isnt very good reading "Handle With Care"

SaviorX

VCCUG
Banned
Country
Canada
Region
Calgary, Alberta
in some respects 'handle with care' and 'fragile' are the worst things you can put on your packages :p

it's almost like a challenge...

Last edited:

RED IMPACT

Country
UK
Region
Lancashire
in some respects 'handle with care' and 'fragile' are the worst things you can put on your packages :p

it's almost, like a challenge...

Yep..."Oh fragile, lets see how quickly it can be broken"

DojoDan

Blogger
Country
UK
Region
West Midlands
I thought that clip was hilarious. Should be in their training video for new recruits. UPS all the way.

protek

"Takai desu ne." -"Jinsei da."
Country
Finland
Region
Oulu, Pohjois-Pohjanmaa
Courier service employees should be held accountable from their own paycheck that the parcels will be delivered with uttermost diligence and care.

Pghulme

VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
These courier companies are only as good as there weekest link, and sometimes a member of staff may let them down (aka the man in the video link above)
but I know Hermes have a bit of bad press, but I've sent near 500 parcels with Hermes over last 6 months, and they have lost none, damaged none, had not one take longer than 5 days to get to its destination, and what's more I didn't have to que at the post office whilst a cashier reprocessed the data that is already on the parcel like you have to do at Royal Mail post offices.
So I'll be the one to give Hermes a thumbs up here

iRetrOVolver

Banned
Country
The Netherlands
Region
Amsterdam
Different experience in Germany. Druring an approx. 95-100 eBay auction sales of Retro stuff, I used Hermes only when there was a significant discount or when a buyer insisted on using them. That was about 20% of the time the case and they lost two in Italy (did recover those several weeks later though) and one in Denmark (also recovered in the end) and damaged one but due to good packaging no internal damage.. Hermes? No thank you!

KBQ

Country
Netherlands
Region
Nijmegen
They're paid a pittance piece-rate to deliver, you're talking less than 50p per parcel sometimes. And they're penalized for bringing stuff back undelivered.

Absolutely horrible job. It basically boils down to either being negligent and sloppy, or getting sacked for low performance.

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
Even in Royal Mail there are really no direct guidelines, although in general employees are meant to be taught that all mail must be handled with care.

However as an example, parcels coming through a main Royal mail distribution centre can't really be handled with extreme care because of the way they are transported and sorted to their destination. Parcels for example are postcode sorted by throwing them either into mail sacks on a drop frame, or thrown directly into red sleeved yorks. The parcel and its contents therefore need to endure some impact and weight placed on them if for example they end up at the bottom of a york with 300 other parcels on top of them.

But I totally agree that an employee of any courier service should be taking care in handling parcels. It doesn't matter how much they are paid, they are employed to do a job. If you observe someone mistreating a parcel you should report it to the company.

Top Bottom