Hi all, getting back to the Amiga

Silent_D

Country
Finland
Region
Lahti
Hi all,

I had A500 back in the days. I remember getting accessories like 512mb add on or a second floppy drive as christmas presents. Those were really the golden years of gaming in my mind. Nowadays I also have a A1200, but it's only equipped with 2mb chip ram. So after some googling I ended up finding Amibay.

Yesterday Amiga had its 30th Anniversary. So, nostalgia kicked in and I decided to see what I can do to my A1200. So, looking forward to some good trades.

retrodave

Country
Wales, UK
Region
West Glamorgan
Welcome to the forum! :D You've come to the right place! There's plenty here for your 1200 and I couldn't agree more about gaming's golden years - I loved classics like Lemmings, Lotus Turbo Challenge and Elite. They're still games I go back to time and time again :)

The second floppy present was a good one! Owning a 500 was one of the best experiences, I remember getting the Videomaster expansion one christmas and doing stop-frame animation - those were definitely the days :)

Have a great time here! I'm sure you'll discover more than you ever imagined!

Last edited:

Silent_D

Country
Finland
Region
Lahti
Welcome to the forum! :D You've come to the right place! There's plenty here for your 1200 and I couldn't agree more about gaming's golden years - I loved classics like Lemmings, Lotus Turbo Challenge and Elite. They're still games I go back to time and time again :)
Thanks a lot. Yea, I've understood that this is THE place for getting retro hardware.

Those are definitely classics, but the "problem" with Amiga is that there's abundance of quality games. I've probably forgotten many of them and that's something I plan to fix soon.

Vyncynt

Country
USA
Region
Alabama
Awesome! I just recently got back into the Amiga myself. If you have not already, I recommend you first look at upgrading any internal IDE hard drive to a compact flash drive. They are easy to find and inexpensive. You will thank yourself with the speed and the fact that, with the right adapters, you can also move them back and forth for use on the PC for emulation.

LeonTubrok

Blogger
Country
England
Region
Lancs
so Vyncynt, how is that done, usb adapter on amiga? just got a 32gig usb3 stick at local shop for £11 would be great if could use that rather than ide drive!

Top Bottom