Hi all

mleung7788

Country
Australia
Region
Sydney, New South Wales
Hi,

I'm Michael and I'm an Amiga fan.

Well, I've been interested in Amiga's since I was given a A500 by my folks back in the 90's. Every day after that, I'd rush home from school and use it 4-5 hours every day for all sorts of things (mostly gaming :D but some DPaint and AMOS as well). I even had the Kickstart upgraded to 3.1 with a switch to flip between 1.3. The dreaded day came when the ESC key died back in 1997 (I was 3/4 of the way through Ultima V back then and used that key to go back in the menus I believe), and stopped using it shortly after that and moved to the PC.

I found WinFellow and WinUAE a few years afterwards and have been using that off and on. It doesn't feel the same as the real thing, but as long as I have my Amiga fix when I get all nostalgic, that was the main thing (plus I loved the SaveStates, managed to finish quite a few games that I couldn't before). I didn't have the same amount of time as before - marriage, baby, work, chores, etc, so I'd thought I would hold off on getting anything.

Anyway to cut the story short(er), there comes a time when you want the real thing, so I started rummaging through the packed boxes for it and looking around at purchasing more.

My collection now consists of:
3 x A500 (unsure whether it's all working)
1 x A1200 (working)

I'm planning on upgrading the A1200 (stock standard right now) as well as cleaning out the internals of the A500s and see if I can get them running using spare parts from one another.

I've set up a spare area for playing them (the in-laws from overseas have occupied the spare room, but once their trip ends...;)).

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
Welcome, Michael!

I hope you are able to resurrect your A500s! Once you do, you may want to look up the user tomthul on here to see some of his amazing add-ons for the A500. :)

Take care,

Heather

mleung7788

Country
Australia
Region
Sydney, New South Wales
Thanks for the warm welcome.

@SkydivingGirl,
Thanks for the tip too, had a look and decided to get the RAM/IDE board (if there's any left). That'll get me moving to start on those A500s...

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
I'm so glad you decided to go with one of Tom's upgrades. Tom tends to be a bit quiet and may take a little while to respond to your request, but he makes a top notch product and is a really great guy. (y)

Remember, we really like hardware pr0n here so be sure to share pictures of your restored Amigas when you get a chance.

Heather

gazcbm

10 PRINT "8 Bit Hero"
Country
UK
Region
Manchester, UK
Greetings!

As SkyDivinGirl says, dont forget to post some pictures of your miggys upgrades

Slayer

Country
New Zealand
Region
Dunedin
Hello there!

Nice start there but be careful, this place I feel has a way of helping you to 'enlarge' your Amiga Collection :LOL:

cya rnd the forums

AmiNeo

CodeMonkey
Country
UK
Region
Kendal, Cumbria
Hey and welcome :LOL:

Love the idea of invading the spare room as soon as the inlaws leave hehe.

Hope you have a long happy stay here (y)

Top Bottom