Status
Not open for further replies.

indigolemon

Country
Kelty, Scotland
Region
Fife
Ok, enough Dr Nick references :D

Just thought I'd introduce myself. Finally signed up today after lurking as a guest for ages - there's only so much watching you can do! I first encountered Amiga's when my dad bought one Christmas 1992 when the A1200 first hit - considering me and my brother were angling for a Megadrive we were kinda pleased to say the least.

It had pride of place in our sitting room, hooked up to the big TV and acquiring a dot matrix printer and an external floppy drive over the next few years. At this point I was purely interested in it from a games machine perspective, gave me great playground ammunition for lording it over the ST owners ;)

Eventually it was retired in 1997 when we got a PC, and ended up in my bedroom. At that point everyone else in the house pretty much lost all interest and it became mine, which was when I actually began to appreciate it properly. I gradually started researching and adding to it over the next few years, and it's finally ended up in a Power Tower, with a 1230IV inside and 32Mb RAM, 1Gb HDD, 12x CD-ROM and OS 3.9. In this guise I actually used for all my essays in my first year of uni (yay for Wordsworth 7).

In between times, I managed to collect an A500 (1Mb expansion), A2000, A600, A1200 (stock) and a CD32. I also went back a few years (a good few) and managed to acquire me a Commodore Plus/4 in it's box - it was the first home computer we ever had, and I've yet to complete Kikstart!

Anyway, I'll shut up now - nice to be here, and I look forward to chatting with you all :)

- Indigolemon (aka Graham)

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
Re: Hi everybody!

Welcome. Great to see you managed to appreciate the Amiga for more than just gaming. There were so many of my friends at school in the 80's who just used their Amiga's and ST's as games machines and never did anything more with them (other than using Workbench to copy a disk).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom