Hi there...

syphus

Country
Newcastle, UK
Afternoon, all :)

Long-time Amiga scener, some-time #amigascne-r, owner of faaar to much hardware and keen to sell some of it so others can get creative!

Though I'm in the UK, I'm currently a member of the Swedish group Up Rough and represent them as much as possible at parties, in competitions and with for-the-sheer-hell-of-it releases.

I've used Amigas all my life and still use them for producing music - both with older stuff like Protracker/AHX and newer stuff like HivelyTracker (by inveterate OS4 tinkerer Xeron - well worth a try, especially if you've got an 060 that's not doing much!). I also perform live with Amiga hardware, having toured the UK twice with A1200s and gigged in Europe and North America with A600s :)

Anyway, I'm not here to sell off my entire hoard, just some of the bits that have accumulated over the years. Stuff that seemed like a good idea at the time but never gets any use, stuff that I've hoarded duplicates and triplicates of out of paranoia that something will break, etc. Well, space is always at a premium so I reckon it's time to cut back to, say, just a couple of each wedge Amiga, some RAM expansions and one turbocard...

Like I say, it breaks my heart that there's kit sitting here not being put to a creative, productive use so it'd be good to get it into circulation amongst those who can :D

Pleased to meet you all; cheers.

Brian

AmiBayer
Country
USA
Region
Kentucky
Hi, Syphus, always nice to see a new face! Have fun!

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
Anyway, I'm not here to sell off my entire hoard, just some of the bits that have accumulated over the years. Stuff that seemed like a good idea at the time but never gets any use

Spoken like a true Amigian, you are indeed welcome! :D

I'm the same way, I've got shed loads of "looked like a good idea at the time" hardware stashed away at my place :)

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu
@TR

Please remember we don't want to appear listed on p*rn sites due to certain ailments being posted here.

Welcome syphus

TC ;)

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
Welcome to AmiBay! I really love Scene related stuff. Feel free to share some of your work with us some time. :)

Heather

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
'Ello Syphi. :mrgreen:

Welcome to AmiBay m8y. Hope you have a great time here.

All the Best. (y)

Kin

DaZZaBoY

OldskoOler
Country
England
Region
South Cumbria
Welcome Syphus.

Out of interest, weren't you involved in a few projects with Darkus at some point??

syphus

Country
Newcastle, UK
Welcome Syphus.

Out of interest, weren't you involved in a few projects with Darkus at some point??

Hi DaZZaBoY! The first project I was involved in with Darkus was drinking vast amounts over the Sundown '07 weekend, during which we talked about another project...but neither of us could remember what it was afterwards ;) Possibly a diskmag...but possibly not...headaches and confusion on the plane coming home...

Haven't spoken to Darkus for a bit, but maybe we'll get something done one of these days... Seems a lot of people have gone quiet - I definitely have, what with life getting in the way and that. Probably some Up Rough releases on the way soon, which should get me motivated, plus I'm presenting Assembly TV in a few weeks so I'd better catch up on the latest Amiga releases :)

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
Haweh Syphus!!

It's geet canny as owt tah welcome a gadgie leik ya heeyah at AmmiBeh, leik....*

:LOL:

*AndyLandy can provide subtitles if required, as he's from your native land...;)

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Treasurer
Country
UK
Region
Southampton
Haweh Syphus!!

It's geet canny as owt tah welcome a gadgie leik ya heeyah at AmmiBeh, leik....*

*AndyLandy can provide subtitles if required, as he's from your native land...;)

Whey aye! I'm a Gateshead lad by birth, but living in exile in the South nowadays. Nice to see another Geordie around the place :)

Welcome to Amibay!

syphus

Country
Newcastle, UK
Haweh Syphus!!

Whey aye! I'm a Gateshead lad by birth, but living in exile in the South nowadays. Nice to see another Geordie around the place :)

Welcome to Amibay!

Of all the places I've bumped into other Geordies (top of the Empire State Building, island-hopper plane between Kuala Lumpur and Borneo, cargo ferry in Finland, etc.) this forum is the least surprising :)

Nice to meet you all!

DaZZaBoY

OldskoOler
Country
England
Region
South Cumbria
Hey Syphus,

Great to see you're still 'dabbling' in the scene (y)

I still talk to Lee (Darkus) semi-regularly on Facebook and PSN and he seems to be more of a hardcore gamer than scener these days. I won't be holding my breath for his 51st ASCII colly either. ;)

If I remember rightly, Darkus was in a group called Equilibrium. Was that the group you 2 were in when the original diskmag idea came about?

syphus

Country
Newcastle, UK
Hey Syphus,

Great to see you're still 'dabbling' in the scene (y)

I still talk to Lee (Darkus) semi-regularly on Facebook and PSN and he seems to be more of a hardcore gamer than scener these days. I won't be holding my breath for his 51st ASCII colly either. ;)

If I remember rightly, Darkus was in a group called Equilibrium. Was that the group you 2 were in when the original diskmag idea came about?

Equilibrium, that was it! At least we sobered up enough to think of an awesome name (which we then did nothing with) ;)

DaZZaBoY

OldskoOler
Country
England
Region
South Cumbria
Equilibrium, that was it! At least we sobered up enough to think of an awesome name (which we then did nothing with) ;)

Yeah, I must admit, it is an impressive name for a group. :) Just a shame the ideas never became real projects, as I remember Lee gave me your url at the time and the site was looking pretty damn good.

Top Bottom