Hi to the Amiga massive

Golem

Country
UK
Region
Nottingham
Hi
Just registered. Been into migs since 1990 mainly for the music applications. I am a frequent lurker at Amiga.org (golem) and sometimes check Amigaworld but I'm really a classic guy. I have two 1200s with accelerators and a neglected 500 that I got to replace my original one I shouldn't have got rid of. I agree with what one of the previous introductions said; I prefer to live in a world where we accept other platforms and can have our Amigas sitting beside our PCs or Macs. Without a PC I would never have found the internet and Amiga friends and hardware :).

User1301

Deactivated
Deactivated
Country
S
Region
G
Welcome Hairybaker, good to have you on board!

John

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
Hi and welcome!!

We aren't just the Miggy Massive you know; we are into all sorts of retro mischief and hackery. Grab a brew, get comfy and prepare for a *lot* of reading.....;)

johnim

VIP
Country
England
Region
birmingham
Hi and welcome.i think that too. I have 12 pc s 4 which fold 24/7 2 as media centers the others just hanging around. I have 3 1200s;3 600s;2 500s;2 cd 32s 1 2000 and 1 cdtv. Also 1 c64;2 c64cs;1 128;1 128d. 3 xbox 1s; 1 sega saturn; 1 ps2 slim; 1 psp slim; 1 psp fat; ds lite; all with thier own bits and bobs which i have spent thousands on with all since 85 when i had my vic 20 and dragon 32 they all have thier places in my heart and history and they can live side by side no matter what speed or os. Well i go on a bit welcome

scrappysphinx

Confused retro man
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Nottingham
Welcome hairybaker, its nice to see another member from Nottingham.

Mike

Buzzfuzz

Amiga tweaker
AmiBayer
Country
Netherlands
Region
Zuid Holland
Welcome.

You should really be able to do something with these 2 A1200's, depending on the accelerators and memory (maybe you can tell what they are and what they have on board), you should be able to run WHDload and play games.
If you have kickstart 3.1 your also able to run ClassicWB 3.1 or 3.5/3.9.

Golem

Country
UK
Region
Nottingham
Thanks guys for the warm welcome. It seems some of you are expert Amiga-pimpers. My systems are quite modest in comparison. My most modded 1200 has Blizzard 1260 with 32Mb and SCSI kit with a 2Gb Jaz drive hanging off it. My other 1200 has Blizzard 1230 and 32Mb and a CF drive and has a wireless PCMCIA card for networking. I have linked them together with a ProNET cable (which I made myself, this is the extent of my electrical skills!). Both are in their original cheese wedge cases.

Top Bottom