Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrenHD

Blogger
Country
Ontario, Canada
Region
Canada
Hi, just needed to post something otherwise you can't send a PM to someone about buying something...:)

So Hi! I'm long time amiga user with many classic machines and parts...very well kept for. I will sell some soon on this site. I also run HD-Zone, but I can't put a link in here because your posts need to be 2 or greater. I must say I haven't seen a Forum site with so many little rules. A bit annoying, but I guess they are trying to prevent spammers. :)

I am also OS4 Beta Tester. :)

Cheers!

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
Hiyas DarrenHD

Welcome to AmiBay,

sorry that you have tripped into the security systems of AmiBay, but when we didn't have these it was much worse. ... it was dark... flames ... people jumping out of windows.... it just wasn't nice =D

Anyway, AmiBay rules and guidlines are simple, post in a thread that has an item of interest.

somthing like

highly ficticous thread said:
For Sale: - New in box Amiga PPC 400mhz Le Shark Edition £0.50p
For Sale: - Hacked Tin of Beans, plays SNES Games £9 + PnP

you would then post somthing like the following

DarrenHD said:
Awesome, I want that PPC, how much postage to the Canadian Motherland?
also, howmuch for that Tin of back beans including postage?

And then PM the owner of the thread for payment / deal / information etc.

AmiBay is here to serve it members, the best way to do that is to make sure that we all play by the same rules and guidelines... now...quickly post back an okie dokie I wanna see that link =D

you can read more of AmiBay's Rules and Guildines here =)

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Treasurer
Country
UK
Region
Southampton
Hi, just needed to post something otherwise you can't send a PM to someone about buying something...:)

Indeed. You would probably be best posting a message in the thread where they're offering said item to express your interest, otherwise nobody else knows what's being traded. The rules here may seem a bit long-winded, but that's part of what keeps Amibay a safe place to trade.

imnogeek

Country
UK
Region
Midlands
Hello DarrenHD

Nice to have you onboard at Amibay :)

I must say I haven't seen a Forum site with so many little rules. A bit annoying, but I guess they are trying to prevent spammers

You are quite correct about the spamming, but if you stick to the rules then you would posted your interest in the thread followed by a PM ;)
This is done to prevent silent bidding and keep everything out in the open for the benefit of everybody.

Gary

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
Hi DarrenHD and welcome to AmiBay! There are a lot of rules here, some of which are to prevent spam, but most are to ensure a nice environment for our users. I think you'll see that this site is very different from others and I hope you come to appreciate it. :D

Time to seek out your web site... :run:

Take care,

Heather

*EDIT* I see I was beat to the punch by Imnogeek. :)

Last edited:

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
okay you ninja's stop pm'ing me ...

I am not selling the "New in box Amiga PPC 400mhz Le Shark Edition £0.50p" its mine... forever!!!!! *ahem..

okay, no-one's actually ninja pm'ing me.... damn it.... lol!

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
oh noes!! i forgot to express my interest in here 1st and so have already silently bidded via PM :(

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
oh noes!! i forgot to express my interest in here 1st and so have already silently bidded via PM :(

I have you trumped by a +1 to what ever anyone else says! :ninja:

EDIT:

Oh, and it's nice to have you here DarrenHD! Welcome.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom