Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Hi!

Been trying to find this answer to no avail via the search options and google...

I've just aquired a DCE Flicker Magic for my A4000 to get rid of that pesky flicker in High Res Laced but I'm wondering if it will work with HighGFX from Aminet, has anyone tried this?

I know this is only a 16bit output so I'll loose some colours in AGA modes but the flicker fixing outweighs this for me.

Anyway if anyone knows the answer that would be superb (y)

Steve.

Attachments

• DCEFlickerfixer.jpg
    DCEFlickerfixer.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 1

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
Hiyas Steve,

my initial thoughts are no it wont work as far as I am aware HighGFX is using the FPGA on the Indivision to achieve the high screen modes.

The Clip on Adapter (which I believe is 18bit not 16bit) is nothing more than a pickup - de-interlace and double out the frequency - 31.5Khz - with exception of the video line scan (load and store) theres no CPLD logic on the card to do that.

I doubt it would hurt to try though - worse case will be a white screen with no data - a quick reboot will solve that problem.

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu
I have one of these & it does not work with HighGFX...

More importantly these devices are really designed for good ole CRT VGA monitors that can sync down to 50Hz (PAL mode)

Had mixed reviews with LCD TFT VGA screens ranging from no sync (most LCD's minimum is 56Hz) to clock phase noise on the screen.

It is defnitely a 16Bit solution, although the limitation is hardly visible unless you use a copper or high colour background.

Damn good piece of kit though & does exactly what it says on the tin ;)

In many ways I prefer it to my Indivision as it's real plug & play with no silly tweaking or firmware to mess about with.

TC :)

Nathanieltolbert

Country
United States
Region
Olathe, Kansas
I have one of those too, and I had a problem with the clock after I installed my GVP Spectrum card in my A4000D. Stable output through the sd/ff, but the instant I install the spectrum, connect the passthrough, with sd/ff modes, the screen won't stay steady. shows as a pixel crawl on my LCD and the screen kinda randomly jumps with my CRT. I have tried fixing it and nothing works, so the Spectrum goes back into the A3000T... For now.

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
These old SD/FF have just memory to store a frame of interlaced video, then send the result to the monitor.

It may work with HiGFX, but you need to do some calculations based on the maximum throughput of the original Lisa and must keep the frequency at least 50Hz for a 50Hz-capable monitor, so any "new mode" you create fit on what the AGA chipset can manage.

Indivision have a CPLD on it which can make some calculations to fit a strange vertical refresh like 36Hz into the >56Hz a LCD monitor can cope.

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Thanks for all the reply's (y)

I'll let you know how I get on with the card.

Top Bottom