niteman1969

Country
United Kingdom
Region
London
Lol clearing out my old stuff to see what else i had lying around
and what do you know not one but 2 toshiba libretto 110's in
the stockpile with docking ports and power supplies, let them charge
for a few hours and got 1 working stable and with a reasonable battery.
The other working intermittently and dies whenever you put a battery
in.

One looks like it has a 20-30gb hdd and is running DSL (damn small linux)
other one winnt. Also has 2 wireless cards and a cd rom an floppy between the two.

Reading the a1200 in a 600 case thread seems there might be an interest
in putting a minimig in one of these cases.........

If anyone here is brave enough I would love to see the result....

If anyone is here is brave enough i would love to see the results.

Seems like a cool idea although i don't have the hardware / software
skills to try.

Last edited:

salaxi54

Incoming ASROC!
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
GREECE
Region
Athens
Nice machines those Libretto's, but fitting anything "Amigoid" in 'em would be a pain! I know you mentioned the Minimig, which is a lot smaller than anything else available right now, but still, although it does have a VGA output, you'd have a helluva hard time trying to "drive" the screen. And that's without having to worry about battery power on tops of it.. :)

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
I had to repair a few of these - a big international company used those for sales operations. Nice machines, mostly they had plastic probs - cracked plastics in the screen.

Well I wanted to buy one, but since netbooks appeared - no real use for me.

It could be a nice hack project, but that will require serious skills..

d0pefish

Country
England
Region
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
I wish I could find a Libretto. I like the old Toshiba laptops a lot, I have a Portege 320CT to run legacy DOS/Win9x programs on, like my EPROM programmers and other parallel port using stuff. But my one is a bit flakey and it's hard to find the parts for it.

Would have loved to find a Libretto though. :( If you ever felt like letting one go, there's a VERY careful and appreciative person here that would make very good use of it :bowdown: - seriously!

I'd be less inclined to hack a minimig or similar into one; I can see issues with getting the laptop's LCD hooked up to anything useful besides the laptop's motherboard itself, they usually have custom controllers rather than VGA inputs - unless you found a VGA panel that fit in there perfectly. You'd probably want a Libretto 50CT or another kind with the square screen, as Amiga-like non-wide screens would look a little stretched otherwise.

I'd probably put DOSFellow on there or try and run AROS and be done with it - they're too cool of a machine chop up (IMHO) :)

Top Bottom