How to build a nuclear submarine

DaZZaBoY

OldskoOler
Country
England
Region
South Cumbria
If anyone's interested in knowing about the construction of the Astute nuclear submarine programme and what it's all about, can I direct you to BBC2 9pm (BST) on Sunday. It's a 3 part proggy about BAE Systems and you'll also get to see where I spend my working days. :D

Also, the new Top Gear is on right before it. Get your Sky+ planners locked in. ;)

easypreacher

Country
United Kingdom
Region
North Devon
If anyone's interested in knowing about the construction of the Astute nuclear submarine programme and what it's all about, can I direct you to BBC2 9pm (BST) on Sunday. It's a 3 part proggy about BAE Systems and you'll also get to see where I spend my working days. :D

Also, the new Top Gear is on right before it. Get your Sky+ planners locked in. ;)

Cool...seeing as how you are building us some nice spanking new ones, is there any chance i could blag some old stock? i fancy going down to the south pole to bother a few whaling boats.....must come with torpedoes and instruction booklet ;)

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Submarines are equal to a marriage: they can even float, but they are made to sink!

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

Sounds like a plan Daz. - Looking forward to it. (y)

Submarines are equal to a marriage: they can even float, but they are made to sink!

Oh m8y. I want to laugh @ your comment, but it sounds like you're still suffering there fella. :|

Chin up & the next JD & coke is for you. (y)

Yes, its scary working Continental shifts on my nights weeks, coming home @ 7am in the morning on a saturday & pouring yourself a JD & coke. Last shift @ 7pm tonight & then 4 days off. :)

#3 is for you m8 & it's gunno be a double. In fact sod it, I'll make it a four shot in a pint glass & hit the sack! :pint:

Charlie

easypreacher

Country
United Kingdom
Region
North Devon
#3 is for you m8 & it's gunno be a double. In fact sod it, I'll make it a four shot in a pint glass & hit the sack! :pint:

Charlie

Hmmmmmm.....will be monitoring your rum ration sailor, we'll have no excessive drinking and diving aboard this fine vessel thankyou very much ;)
Avast there...Doomy off the starboard bow, set sonar to stun.
Cap'n Easypreacher.

Oh, and DaZZaBoY...can collect to save on postage:)

DaZZaBoY

OldskoOler
Country
England
Region
South Cumbria
There goes the nation's best kept secret - Daz claiming he works:rofl3

Lol - contrary to popular belief Phil, I actually do ;)

@easypreacher: I'll see what I can blag for you mate. Although, the last subs we built were the 4 Trident subs and they might be a little difficult to locate at this present time. :LOL:

@Kin Hell: Sit back and enjoy, Charlie. :)

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
Daz....

With the sh!t that hit the fan last night over two very very controversial & important World Cup Games, Sky was not set to record. :|

I am so sorry I missed it. Is there another slot for broadcast that you know of m8?

Humbly yours,

Charlie

DaZZaBoY

OldskoOler
Country
England
Region
South Cumbria
Shame you missed it Charlie, was pretty good and it was funny watching the interviews with some of the guys I know. :LOL:

I've just checked the BBC iPlayer site for you and there is a re-run tomorrow night at 11.20pm on beeb2.

Cheers

edit: didn't see blankstare had already slotted the iPlayer link in here ;)

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
@ Kin

BBC iPlayer should be able to sort you out, Charlie. I watched Top Gear late last night on it.

(y)

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
Alas no! Our Sky HD box rolled over & died & we lost everything on the hard drive as a bonus. :banghead:

Sky were here this morning replacing it whilst I was asleep getting ready for night shift tommorow. Had I been up, I might have been able to intervene & nick the hard drive. Sorry fella. :(

Is there a BBC link? I will watch it later this evening, possibly in the small hours of tommorow morning b4 I hit the sack.

Charlie

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
@ Dazza

I'd show that pretty little sparks filly from that programme a thing or two about plugging things in.....:whistle:

Fnarr!!

DaZZaBoY

OldskoOler
Country
England
Region
South Cumbria
@ Dazza

I'd show that pretty little sparks filly from that programme a thing or two about plugging things in.....:whistle:

Fnarr!!

I bet you would Dave. :D I don't see her around as she works on the second sub (HMS Ambush) and I'm currently working on boat 3 (HMS Artful). I also did a hell of a lot of work on HMS Astute which was the first of class and the one that was shown being launched.

I quite enjoyed the prog and because I'm there every day, you do take quite a lot of it for granted. It's just a shame they only interviewed and followed the structural welders around and not the pipewelders.. we are much more skilled. ;) Then again.. I do a lot of work in the reactor, so they are hardly gonna show all that on TV. lol

@KH: Gutted mate! It looks like your Sky box doesn't actually want to let you see the program. ;)

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
See comment #11

:)

I thought it was just a short clip & didn't watch it roll into the program. :Doh:

Back on four x 12 hour night shifts now, so I'll catch up with it next week. Thank's for the heads up. (y)

Kin

Top Bottom