How to configure Fusion in OS 3.9?

RedDaemonFox

Amiga's enemy is my enemy!
AmiBayer
Country
United States of Hell
Region
Melbourne, FL 32901
I have the latest Fusion for Amigas installed on OS 3.9. The issue is, whenever I click it, I can't progress because it asks for FUSION in any volume. I guess this means it wants the install floppy. Problem is, I got the program from the EAB fileserver, so I don't have one and Amithlon can't read/write Amiga floppies. So, is there a way to point it to my directory where I backed up the extracted LHA? I'll keep snooping for a solution, but I remember somewhere that Amithlon is supposed to support all 68k emulators.

woodycool

Amiga enthusiast!
Country
Northampton, UK
Region
Northamptonshire, UK
I have the latest Fusion for Amigas installed on OS 3.9. The issue is, whenever I click it, I can't progress because it asks for FUSION in any volume. I guess this means it wants the install floppy. Problem is, I got the program from the EAB fileserver, so I don't have one and Amithlon can't read/write Amiga floppies. So, is there a way to point it to my directory where I backed up the extracted LHA? I'll keep snooping for a solution, but I remember somewhere that Amithlon is supposed to support all 68k emulators.
Yep, use the Assign command from an AmigaShell / AmigaDOS prompt like so:

assign FUSION: <path to files>

substitute the path to files to be the hard drive and the folder (example DH1:FUSION .... a trailing / is optional)

Doing this is a temporary solution. To make it permanent, insere the above command into your S:Startup-Sequence or S:User-Startup file (I suggest the User-Startup file myself)

RedDaemonFox

AmiBayer
Country
United States of Hell
Region
Melbourne, FL 32901
I'll do that, I'm not gonna mess up my startup sequence since Amithlon requires it to be specifically done

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
@ Dreamy

Few programs require to modify the S:Startup-sequence, but when they do, they are there for a reason. These few programs require to be setup before certain system commands in order to function correctly.

As woodycool states, assigns are best put in the S:User-startup. (y)

Kin

RedDaemonFox

AmiBayer
Country
United States of Hell
Region
Melbourne, FL 32901
It works now, all I need it to make a hardfiles and a Mac OS 8.1 CD (but not the one on Apple.com, the stuff there is a mess.)

Top Bottom