Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for Breakfast
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Liverpool
I have a pile of old printer carts to clear.. They are all past the sell by date hp prints on them.. mostly 2003/2004. I forgot it had them.

Does ink go of???

Anyway they are boxed / sealed. all i want is cost of a jiffy envelope and postage.

It will take too long to list all the supported models on the box, so i will just give the cart model.

HP51645AE X 1
HPC1823DE X 1
HPC6625A X 1
HP51626A X 1
HP51625A X 2
HP51629A X 2
HPC6614DE X 2
HPC8727AE X 2
HP51649AE X 2

Last off is a refill kit for the HP51645 cart.

payment by paypal gift.

Attachments

• hpcarts.JPG
    hpcarts.JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
Interested in the 51645AE catrtidge. Does it list that it's compatible with the Deskjet 1220c and 990Cxi series?

If so, "I want that one."

:mrgreen:

bazzaq

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Liverpool
@merlin, pm sent. yes it does have both of those listed on side.

Harrison

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
Sadly you don't have any for my HP printer, but that was to be expected consider the printer I have and the inks being very expensive.

However, I can answer your question about ink cartridge dates and if ink goes off.

In general ink doesn't expire as such. It can however thicken due to evaporation and this can cause clogged print heads. This is more common with the cheaper dye based inks and not with the more expensive pigment based inks. But generally if the ink cartridges, or pens as HP like to call them, are still sealed in their foil wrappers then I don't think it should be a problem.

The only issue users might have is the printer itself. The ink cartridges contain a chip that supply the printer with information. In more advanced printers it tells the printer the origin of the ink, the date of manufacture, the date of expiry and the ink levels. Normally as long as the cartridge has been installed before the date of expiry the printer will allow it to be used for 18 months from that date.

However problems can arise if the ink has already expired and is then installed. If the printer is advanced enough to read the cartridge's information then it may announce that the cartridge is past its expiry date and refuse to work with it. Depending on the model of printer some allow this message to be bypassed and the cartridge used, but this is model specific so anyone interested in using expired inks should check first if their printer allows it. For example by B9180 does allow expired cartridge alerts to be bypassed and used, whereas the lower model B8850 printer in the range refuses to allow them to be used whatever you do. So do double check before obtaining them.

Also of note. I used to use genuine Epson expired ink cartridges in my old Epson A3 printer and they worked perfectly. Some had expired in 2004 and worked just as well as new ones.

BTW, for anyone is after ink and bazzaq doesn't have it available here, there is a great seller on Amazon who sells expired ink cartridges for most makes and models. They are all old stock and still sealed, and priced at a couple of pounds at the most.

bazzaq

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Liverpool
bump, still available.

bazzaq

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Liverpool
@mods , please close this, just cleaning up all my old open threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom