musashi5150

move.w #$4489,$dff07e
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
Yes, you read that title correctly ;) I'm selling my XGameStation HYDRA 8 core game development system. It's a really neat little board which has an 8 core Propeller CPU by Parallax systems and has been made into a game development system by André LaMothe. It's quite a nifty little chip and each core has approx 20 MIPS of performance available (so about 160 MIPS in total). It can be programmed in it's own user friendly SPIN language (like BASIC), Assembler or there is a C compiler available for it as well. The languages can be mixed also so you could get your game working quickly in SPIN and then optimise any parts that need it with little assembly loops :D

It connects to your PC by USB and has NES compatible controller ports, composite & audio phonos, VGA out, PS2 keyboard & mouse ports, network and an expansion slot. The expansion slot can be used to attach your own circuits (DIY circuit board included), additional RAM (128k card included) or even an SD card reader!

I've had my fun with this and now I thought it's time to pass it on. It's been extremely well cared for with me and is complete in it's original box with all docs, cables and software. So what's in the box?

HYDRA system
A/V cable
USA PSU
UK PSU (I has to buy this extra when I got it!)
NES style control pad
PS2 keyboard & mouse
USB cable
128k Expansion memory card
Unused DIY circuit experimenter board
Really nice thick guide book
Programming tools & examples

The book is really thick (good couple of inches) and is an excellent reference with everything you need to know inside. Covers everything from the beginning from how to compile up your first program to low level assembly coding to generating your own custom screenmodes on the TV! Doesn't really assume any prior knowledge of coding either so this could be a really nice starter for someone wanting to get into coding. You can see for yourself with a little sneak preview of the contents:

http://www.parallax.com/dl/docs/prod/prop/Hydra-TOC-Ch0-v1.0.pdf

And here's some demo videos of the HYDRA in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h4q1DvOJhE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GDA6pbgg68

If you want to know more about the system then the website isn't difficult to find. But I can't post the link here as it has a price on it - so it isn't allowed by forum rules.

hyd1.jpg

hyd2.jpg

hyd3.jpg

hyd4.jpg

hyd5.jpg

hyd6.jpg

I'm looking for £60 + £10 UK P&P (if paying by PayPal buyer to cover any fees)
(Which is a steal compared to what it cost to buy & import into the UK :))

Not really looking to ship overseas at this point. Will reconsider if can't find a UK buyer.

Of course if you live near me and want to collect it yourself you are very welcome. Zetr0? :D

Thanks for looking (y)

Last edited:

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Rating - 100%
232   0   0
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu
I wish I had the funds to spare :drool:

That is a seriously lovely piece of kit which begs for lots of time to be spent with it...

TC (y)

musashi5150

move.w #$4489,$dff07e
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
Thanks :D I drooled just like you when I first saw it :roll: I'm only selling to make some funds for a new arrival that's brewing in another thread :)

Last edited:

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Wife will drag me by that place you know/suspect hooked to a garbage truck through the streets with a lit very large candle stuck on the other place you know/suspect. That's if I buy this item... :(

Other things she may do is only over-reaction...:eek:veractor:

musashi5150

move.w #$4489,$dff07e
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
Price drop to £60 + P&P

OR

Would swap for an ACARD 50pin SCSI - IDE Bridge (7720?) + P&P