Hyperion looking for OS4.1 Classic beta testers.

jurassicc

Country
England
Region
Somerset
Posted on Amigans.net in the news section

http://www.amigans.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1295

Hyperion Entertainment is looking for people to join the beta testing team for the soon to be released AmigaOS 4.1 classic versions.

We are looking for people that have prior experience with AmigaOS 4.x, preferably AmigaOS 4.0 on Classics. In addition, knowledge about using bugzilla is required. You also need to have an Amiga computer (A4000 or A1200) with PowerPC accelerator (CyberStormPPC or BlizzardPPC).

To apply, please write an email to thomasf at hyperion-entertainment.biz, and include your postal address, as participants are required to sign a nondisclosure agreement.

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire
I sent an email inquiring about this and received this reply...

On 25.11.2010 00:51, r0jaws wrote:
I am interested in helping out by Beta testing 4.1 classic, but wonder
if it will support booting from SCSI rather than IDE?
To the best of my knowledge, there is currently no plan to support the Bliizard's SCSI controller.

--
Thomas Frieden

That's a real shame as far as I'm concerned.

Marc

Country
UK
Region
Essex
I didnt get a reply.

And yes that is a shame

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
@ Jurrasic

Your thread is down at my time of posting as is the whole site. :|

@ r0jaws

Indeed m8y. (n)

Kin

Slayer

Country
New Zealand
Region
Dunedin
It is unfortunate when something you own isn't supported I can only assume there must be a good reason why this hasn't been included, could be resources could be personal choice of the team involved.... maybe someone that owns one of these cards and has the ability to contribute to the rom or whatever needs implemented should offer there services?

:)

chin up, I've always been grateful what is done for me and I work around what isn't... :nod:

Last edited:

MZ3540

Country
Australia
Region
Echuca, VIC
Yeah it's a shame... one that is prevents a lot of blizzard owners from choosing os4.
I thought it was due to the scsi needing the 68k in order to work (I may be wrong). As we all know, the 68k is turned off while running os4.

The scsi3 controller on the cyberstorm is supported though.

Anyway, I'm still getting over the shock of that guy who asked for help in getting os4 to run on his PPC equipped A500

Slayer

Country
New Zealand
Region
Dunedin
Yeah it's a shame... one that is prevents a lot of blizzard owners from choosing os4.

Yes, that's another thing that is unfortunate, seems alot of people are very practical when it comes to computing. They need more fire and passion... If my current hardware couldn't run something I wanted I merely went out and got another computer... (y)

I thought it was due to the scsi needing the 68k in order to work (I may be wrong). As we all know, the 68k is turned off while running os4.

sounds good to me! :nod:

The scsi3 controller on the cyberstorm is supported though.

don't I know it, I own 2 x cyberstorm PPC cards :cool:

Anyway, I'm still getting over the shock of that guy who asked for help in getting os4 to run on his PPC equipped A500

:LOL: this made my morning! :LOL:

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
I didnt get a reply.

And yes that is a shame

To not answer and ignore is a real common behaviour here in Belgium and some neighboor countries .:oops:

Some people think no answer is an answer overhere.

Anyhow i agree you should get some respons.

merlinkv

Country
Ukraine
Region
Kyiv
BPPC & CSPPC excluded?

Is needed to buy a separate SCSI board?

First time I read about the 4.1 classic I'm :bounceBoingBall:

But now.... :please:

No drivers/fix planned? Bad news for the Community like the ZoRAM & OS 4.0 Classic...... :(

Phipscube

WipEout Fanboi
Country
Denmark
Region
Ringsted
Does anybody understand why SCSI controller on BPPC support is being omitted? I read somewhere (can't remember where it was) that the technical details for the controller is thin on the ground.... is this the case? I just don't understand why they are omitting support otherwise.

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Does anybody understand why SCSI controller on BPPC support is being omitted? I read somewhere (can't remember where it was) that the technical details for the controller is thin on the ground.... is this the case? I just don't understand why they are omitting support otherwise.

I was told its because the SCSI is controlled by the 040/060 which is disabled under OS4

Slayer

Country
New Zealand
Region
Dunedin
BPPC & CSPPC excluded?

Is needed to buy a separate SCSI board?

First time I read about the 4.1 classic I'm :bounceBoingBall:

But now.... :please:

No drivers/fix planned? Bad news for the Community like the ZoRAM & OS 4.0 Classic...... :(

The CSPPC is fully supported; I used one for ages and is still fully assembled.

There's no need for the sad faces, some times you can't have everything and there is generally a work around... take it easy! (y) :nod:

drbrain

Banned
Country
Sweden
Region
Helsingborg
The ZorRAM will be supported by OS4.1 Classic, at least thats what I read... don't know about other Z3-memorycards though (Fastlane, DKB).

MZ3540

Country
Australia
Region
Echuca, VIC

:LOL: this made my morning! :LOL:

But it's true!!!!! I'd post a link to the thread but amigans.net is down atm.
Unfortunately the Frieden brothers told him that his A500 of epicness was a hardware configuration that they can't support.

merlinkv

Country
Ukraine
Region
Kyiv
Of course is not time of sad faces. But I think all people is expectating about the new revision for "Classics" and everyone wants theyr hardware works...... :)

I know the CSPPC is fully supported in OS 4.0. I post only because I read about the BPPC and........ I think is not good news.....

Best wishes

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire
It's just a shame that with such a limited hardware base that they are unable to support native SCSI. There must be an insurmountable technical reason for them to not do so, otherwise I would have thought they would.

Slayer

Country
New Zealand
Region
Dunedin
MZ3540 said:
But it's true!!!!! I'd post a link to the thread but amigans.net is down atm.

I remember this thread I think we can all safely say he didn't expect his machine to be supported he was just trying to be a clever dick! :roll:

r0jaws said:
There must be an insurmountable technical reason for them to not do so

my thoughts exactly! :nod:

merlinkv said:
But I think all people is expectating about the new revision for "Classics" and everyone wants theyr hardware works......

I understand this but I'm thinking these will be the same people who confronted the very same thing with AOS4.0, I doubt they would have been told this SCSI issue would be addressed in a potential OS upgrade ;)

But anyway, yes of course, this doesn't stop people asking the question! :blink:

StrontiumDog

Banned
Country
United Kingdom
Region
The Willen Lake
Just in case nobody knows ...

"Amigans.net hacked Posted by orgin at 20101209 09:52
Bad news/Good news depending on your preference. Amigans.net has been hacked. This temporary site has been set up for the time being.

A new site is in the works. ETA is unknown at this point. Real soon now! Two weeks! or whatever you want to call it. Buy the tshirt and it might happen sooner!

You need to reregister to access this temporary site.

Party on!

/Amigans.net staff"

Top Bottom