I could really use your help completing my A1000

RuneRider

A1000 Keeper of the Faith
Country
Canada
Region
Alberta
I've been restoring my old A1000 which has been packed away for some 27 years and while I have it working again there is still one thing I'd like to do.

The reason I put this machine in it's box and left it there is that back in 1988 I decided to upgrade it and saved the money to buy two things: A DKB Insider II and DKB KwikStart II. The person I had install them did something wrong and the machine never worked again. I've removed these boards and also replaced the daughter board and processor which has solved the problem, but now I'd very much like to use these two boards and make the A1000 what I'd wanted it to be when I was in school.

My problem is that I no longer have the installation instructions or users guides for these boards. I've searched the internet for weeks and found only bits and pieces which while helpful are not complete.

If any of you have the manuals for these boards can you please let me know. I'd very much like scans of them or if by chance you only have the manuals I'll buy them from you.

- - - Updated - - -

Amazingly I now have the manuals and software. I'm sure someone here would have helped but the person who installed these at a local shop heard my call for help via other sites. :woot:

RuneRider

A1000 Keeper of the Faith
Country
Canada
Region
Alberta
What a great story! :)

Good luck with your new/old Amiga (y)

Thanks!

An interesting side note is that when going over the motherboard I discovered something odd. There was an 8873-R4 Super Denise installed. I removed it and inserted a regular Denise from a different board prior to reassembling the A1000. I can't remember buying this and don't know why it was installed by the guy I had put the DKB boards in.

I don't think that the Super Denise even works in an A1000.

Very odd but after nearly 3 decades I have no idea what the story is with this.

Top Bottom