Not open for further replies.

Witcher1979

Banned
Country
Westleton, Suffolk, UK
Region
Suffolk
Hey guys

I did a deal with a guy on the EAB irc channel (he is now banned from that channel for being stupid, 2nd time he has been banned). I won't say what the deal was in detail but it was a complete swap. I had to send a fully working A1200.

I got what he was sending me, everything was great. I sent him a fully working A1200 and he is moaning at me via email he will be filing charges of theft??? Nothing was done via paypal. Just a few emails saying what we would be swapping.

People on here know I wouldn't rip anyone off at all. It is not in my nature. He is saying the A1200 is broken/bits missing and he wants to swap back.

I am pretty sure there is nothing he can do, it seems he is just trying to pull a fast one.

Can I just block his emails and carry on with life without having to worry about it?

The only proof of anything is 3-4 emails.
Cheers for any advice.

Last edited:

StrontiumDog

Banned
Country
United Kingdom
Region
The Willen Lake
Both parties agreed to the swap? You kept the emails saying so?

Unless he is going to be sending the A1200 back in the same fully working condition as you say (I trust this part is verifyable) you sent it to him originally, then my advice would be to tell him to go forth and multiply.

Block him and carry on regardless.

[Edit]

Plaintif: Your honor, I bring these charges of theft because I'm a whinging little douche who got kicked out of a chatroom for being an 'idiot' and i'm trying to get back some of my stuff by claiming i was robbed

Judge: Yes, you are nothing more than somebody who spat his dummy out and had a hissy fit at being excluded from an online community chatroom, case dismissed, this court is adjourned!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tajmaster

Truth, Justice, all that stuff.
Country
UK
Region
Bradford, West Yorkshire
You want us to send Steve round?

(y)

Is this guy in the UK?

Its annoying how people start being "internet tough guys" and start mouthing off and acting like pricks, half of them wouldnt have the balls to say and do what they do face-to-face.

Attachments

• SCSA.jpg
    SCSA.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 0

Witcher1979

Banned
Country
Westleton, Suffolk, UK
Region
Suffolk
Yes send Steve round please, he is in the UK

Emails say we both agree to send fully working machines. I can't prove the A1200 was fully working apart from I say it is.

I also have tracking number to me, so can prove he sent me something, also have tracking number for him to prove he got something.

So really just block and ignore the idiot then?

Cheers guys :D

---------- Post added at 16:21 ---------- Previous post was at 16:02 ----------

@blankstare

I only just saw the bottom part of your post lol. I think that pretty much clears it up haha

I figured as much, just wanted to make sure. i know damn well that machine was 100%

HonestFlames

Country
England
Region
Shropshire
Absolutely ignore him and do not respond to anything other than something official from a solicitor - at which point you just say you'll enter a defence if you receive court documents. Theft is a criminal matter for the police, which is not the case here as it's instead a contractual dispute.

If you respond to him, you fuel his fire and he'll carry on giving you grief and making all sorts of spurious threats.

**EDIT**

Probably already been mentioned. Even if you sent him a duff Amiga, he's got no comeback. He would have to prove that you sent a duff Amiga, which he can't. Showing that he now has a duff Amiga isn't proof that you sent a duff Amiga, only that it's become duff at some unprovable point.

User1301

Deactivated
Deactivated
Country
S
Region
G
He could be genuine??? Maybe he did get the machine and it was all bashed up (not that you sent it like that of course Jimbo - I know from experience). I'm just thinking that he may have received the machine in a different condition that what you sent. Has he sent you pictures of it? Can you claim postage insurance?

Also you said he's complaining about parts being missing? Which parts as he may have expectations that a fully working A1200 includes an accellerator or something?

Just playing devils advocate here. He doesn't sound very reasonable but maybe he's just angry at receiving a machine in a poor state and on top of that had unrealistic expectations as to what he was getting. Over and above that he did send you a machine so if he was really pulling a fast one he probably wouldn't have sent you anything?

Cheers

John

Witcher1979

Banned
Country
Westleton, Suffolk, UK
Region
Suffolk
I think he is expecting me to send his side of the deal back and send me a broken A1200 with bits missing (I guess some people would). List of bits missing:

No power pack, no roms, no LED light bits. No HD and No cradle (These were inside the machine) It has a black key (now that is true but he knew about that)

Never sent me any pictures just emails which I have now blocked to see if anything does happen.

It makes me laugh he has the guts to tell me internal bits are missing.

---------- Post added at 17:03 ---------- Previous post was at 16:58 ----------

To be fair, I was warned by people on EAB to stay away from this guy.

User1301

Deactivated
Deactivated
Country
S
Region
G
Doesn't sound right does it. If he was a reasonable person he would back up what he was saying with photo's and ask for postage insurance details. There's no way internal parts are just going to leap out of the machine and disappear unless not only was it damaged in transit it was also butchered lol.

John

Witcher1979

Banned
Country
Westleton, Suffolk, UK
Region
Suffolk
haha exactly, if the guy had sent photos of a smashed up box and said "Machine does not work" then fine I would send his part of the deal back to him and say sorry, but have to forget about it now, keep the smashed up machine for parts. No good to me.

But I know from the bits missing the guy is trying to scare me into doing something. I just wanted to know where I stood over an IRC email deal. Which thanks to you guys I can sleep easy tonight :)

I just wonder if anyone else in the world has been tricked by this idiot.

Cheers

Tajmaster

Country
UK
Region
Bradford, West Yorkshire
How about naming and shaming him? :) Where in the UK does he live?

Witcher1979

Banned
Country
Westleton, Suffolk, UK
Region
Suffolk
I can name and shame him, full name as well. But I don't know if that will go down well with the staff and rules. He don't seem to have any type of account here. I think his EAB one was closed.

I can also say he had something to do with Amos Factory site not sure what though. Before they all fell out.

Location is Watford

:)

Tajmaster

Country
UK
Region
Bradford, West Yorkshire
LOL! My ball and chain lives not too far from Watford!

I wouldnt worry about him, your reputation here speaks for itself, his reputation on EAB speaks for itself :) Id follow Blankies advice mate (y)

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
Erm, can we please stay clear of any naming / shaming activity on here please, as the transaction has nothing to do with Amibay?

Thanks all.

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Also, if you name him you'll finally give him an opportunity to set a lawyer on your back for a court case.

Be quiet and ignore him. If he is the idiot you said he is (which I don't doubt), he will do a stupid move like bragging about you in interwebs, then you have a case for court.

Now, I think this thread can be closed. Move on, people, nothing to see here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom