Not open for further replies.

Nathanieltolbert

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Country
United States
Region
Olathe, Kansas
Hello everyone, I have three things that I am looking for to complete recently purchased items. I need to get a powersupply for an A500, doesn't have to be original, but if it's one of the modded ATX or AT power supply I need to have either an adapter or something to connect my GVP Impact Series II card as well. And last but not least, I need to find, if possible a replacement CD-ROM assembly for a CDTV that just fell in my lap. The only thing wrong with it is the CD-ROM drive. It looks like a Sony drive, but that's all I know. Any help would be appreciated, and if anyone is still making any of these things new, I would be greatful for any point in their direction. I like to be able to support those who support our hobby still. Thanks again!

Nathan

RedDaemonFox

Amiga's enemy is my enemy!
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Country
United States of Hell
Region
Melbourne, FL 32901
Re: I have three things I am looking for

Yo Nathaniel. On all major amiga sites there are AT-A1200 and ATX-A1200 adapters. These are Pin compatible and as long as there is more than 50w of maximum power and sufficient power on the 12v and 5v rails you should be ok. As for your other 2 questions your best bet is to ask for a CDTV CD drive and goto Big Book of Amiga Hardware for info on appropriate connections for you GVP card

Nathanieltolbert

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Country
United States
Region
Olathe, Kansas

There doesn't appear to be any real information on the CDTV drive that I can find. As to the power connectors I did indeed find them on Amiga Maniacs webpage and I will order them both shortly. The drive issue with the CDTV is actually the spin up motor on the CD-ROM drive. The discs don't spin up they fail to read as such. I'm at a loss as to what I need to do, but I'm certain that with help I may be able to fix it.

Nathan

Nathanieltolbert

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Country
United States
Region
Olathe, Kansas

Just tried it (just got home from work. 9:37PM CST.... Was supposed to be off at 6:00PM :pissed: But I did read a little while I waited. I think I posted once too. :whistle: ) and it didn't work. No the drive spins up for half a second, then stops. I don't really know what is wrong. I was thinking about dismantling the whole thing, but I just don't have the energy tonight. I would love to just buy a new (used) drive assembly and plop it in to be done with it. If I can't get it to work though, no serious skin off of my nose, as it was given to me.

Nathan

Nathanieltolbert

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Country
United States
Region
Olathe, Kansas

Okay I opened it up yesterday and I looked inside. Took a while to completely disassemble it but I was successful. I disassembled the CD-ROM drive and took a look. I can't see what's wrong but the when I have it plugged in and not in the case the arm for the laser moves and I insert the disc, and it doesn't spin up. Is it possible that its a power issue, or or a drive motor issue? Anyone have any knowledge on these things? I'm clueless.

Nathan

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS

Looks like a dead motor to me. :|

Unfortunately, that CD unit is hard to find... :banghead:

Nathanieltolbert

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Country
United States
Region
Olathe, Kansas

Yeah I agree. Unfortunately I am having no luck finding a replacement myself. :banghead: Both of the CDTV's I got were free so it isn't a super big deal, but I have wanted a CDTV for as long as I knew they were available and we never got one growing up. My dad didn't like the idea of an Amiga hooked up the main TV in the house. Oh well. I guess I will just post that I am looking for a CDTV CD-ROM drive and hope that someone somewhere will have one. Thanks for the help everyone!

Nathan

*Edit* - If anyone is willing to take a look at one and see if there is anything they can do to save it, I am more than willing to ship it out. I have a little money so I can pay for parts, but I have no ability myself in doing any sort of repairs. I've always wanted to learn, but my hands are so unsteady, I would probably melt things with a soldering gun as I tried to fix them. Oh by shipping out I mean the CD-ROM drive. I can ship the whole CDTV but that is very heavy and would cost an arm and a leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom