I May Be An Addict

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
Well, I'm trying to clean up my retro gear and made a bit of progress. In doing so, I think I discovered I'm a retro computer addict.

What do you guys think?

:mrgreen:

Heather

Attachments

• Heather's Retro Gear 1.jpg
    Heather's Retro Gear 1.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Heather's Retro Gear 2.jpg
    Heather's Retro Gear 2.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Heather's Retro Gear 3.jpg
    Heather's Retro Gear 3.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 1

Powerpie5000

Hardware Junkie™
AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
Lancashire
:wooha:... Now that's an impressive collection! Does any of it actually get used?

Templar

In Finem Vobis Videtur De Christiana
VIP
Country
Hellas
Region
Cydonia
Well, I think that you are not. :whistle:

Nevertheless, nice collection, mostly Commodore though (not Amigas). Or there are in another stands?

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
@powerpie

Some of it gets used. I haven't had a chance to test most of it yet. That's going to be my winter project. :D I bought a lot of this in large lots. Much of it will be sold after I test it to get back some of the money.

@Phantom

You're right, most of it is 8-Bit C= gear. In the pictures there are also two Amiga 1000s, an Amiga 500 and Amiga 1200. There are also Amiga monitors and floppy drives. My Amiga 600 and 4000 are set up and being used.

@keropi

Thanks for the enthusiasm. (y)

Thanks everyone!

Heather

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

@Shoonay

LOL! I just might. I think if I combine all the computing power there I might be able to run Windows 98. :wink:

Of course, why would I want to put my poor C= computers through that experience!

Heather

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire
The one thing that struck me, apart from the volume of kit of course, was how neatly stacked and tidy that all was!

My OCD Monkey made a succesion of happy noises and settled down to a contented snooze after seeing that.
I feel bizarrely happy and relaxed now.
Thank you. :D

Templar

In Finem Vobis Videtur De Christiana
VIP
Country
Hellas
Region
Cydonia
Heather, I hope that there is no any sign of humidity there to ruin all your collection through the years.

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
...Nor leaking batteries inside the computers (the A500's A501 is one example).

woodycool

Amiga enthusiast!
Country
Northampton, UK
Region
Northamptonshire, UK
That's a nice collection there, Heather.
But, how many C64s do you need? :LOL:

I thought my collection was mad, but that takes some beating.
Saying that, today, at the RCM open day, I did the usual thing, and came back with more than I took to the event .... brought back an Amstrad GX4000 (freebie), a ZX Spectrum +2A (to replace my knackered one) and an MMBeeb for my BBC Micro model B.

quarkx

insane in the main frame
AmiBayer
Country
Canada
Region
Edmonton, Alberta,
Hee Hee Hee,
That's a great start!!! I think I may see a CoCo in there also, but I cant tell if it is a 2 or 3 at this angle. BTW heather, I found a great fourm for the 8 bit Commodore stuff (just PM me ofr the URL) I joined last week and it has tons of stuff on the 128 and a small TED fourm also.
-Glen:shhh:

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
I tihnk we have found the REAL love in SdG's life =D

nice pics, organization... as r0jaws states OCD monkey is happy =D

now what does it say about one, whom can name every bit of kit in the pictures?

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
Well, considering I just started getting into retro computing about a year ago, I've collected a ton of stuff. Half the fun for me is the collecting aspect, although I don't think I need any more 8-Bit C64s any time soon. I'm going to have fun this winter poking through the machines and getting them to work well. Two of the bread bin models are in like new physical condition and I even have some silver label models in there.

Everything was not so organized until this weekend. I turned my downstairs bedroom into a storage room and moved all this stuff from my upstairs office on Saturday. It was good exercise and getting those metal racks downstairs by myself was quite difficult. My cats looked on in amusement the entire time.

rkauer was right, I really need to check a couple of these machines for battery issues. The first one that comes to mind is the A500. I don't know if the PC-10 has a battery but I will certainly check. Does anyone see anything else that may need to be looked at?

There's no humidity in the room but I can't speak for where they were stored before I got them. I know some people store their retro gear in their garage! I would never do that.

You are right in pointing out it's not all C= stuff in there. Some of the plastic bins contain my Sega Genesis, Sega Dreamcasts and other items. I've also got the CoCo and the Halo Edition XBOX with Xecuter 3. I rotate my retro consoles out because I really don't have room to keep them all hooked up.

Well, thanks for looking everyone. I really don't think I need anything else for the holidays! I buy my presents throughout the year.

Take care,

Heather

Hessu

Amiga Manic
AmiBayer
Country
Raisio, Finland
Region
Varsinais-suomi
:wooha: That's nice collection, i'm sure you don't get boored at your holidays. :drool:

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
That is amazingly tidy! It is how I wish I could get my collection. Although I would ideally like it all setup to use it without needing to set things up every time, but there isn't the room for that at the moment.

I struggle to keep finding new spaces to store (hide) all of my collection. :LOL: It's not just the systems and their boxes and related hardware though. I also find it hard to find the space to store all the boxed software I keep getting ready for scanning for CA, and until I find the time to actually scan any of that lot, it needs storage space.

If you find one of those C64's is broken maybe you should consider a PC conversion project? Gut the C64, install a mini-itx PC motherboard, with a keyrah adaptor so you can use the original C64 keyboard as the PC keyboard. Maybe even squeeze a pico PSU and laptop CD-Rom into it too. It's something I've been wanting to do to an A1200 case in some time.

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
If you find one of those C64's is broken maybe you should consider a PC conversion project?
That's a good idea. I'm sure there are at least a couple non-working items there.

I've got way to much stuff at the moment and really need to get rid of some stuff. I'm a bit OCD when it comes to collecting stuff. I guess that's one of the things I miss about the C64/Amiga days when I would spend a day at a friend's house copying disks for my collection. :)

Take care,

Heather

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
Well, I'm trying to clean up my retro gear and made a bit of progress. In doing so, I think I discovered I'm a retro computer addict.

What do you guys think?

:mrgreen:

Heather

Er....yeah baby! :nod:

Kin

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
how?

how?

I do not understand how to pick this up in a year:eek:

I have a collection, but it is nothing compared to this:Doh:

Well when somebody decides to sell a collection, (complete bunch) I do not respond, because of the space taken.

Everybody has most of the time the same available "crap = enough produced":

C64 "brown"
C64 "white"
C128
Amiga 500-600
Amiga 1200(more difficult:unsure:)
Expansions for A1200

What I also found at flee's:

Vic20. (I did not buy this, but bought the television module.)
C128D (250 euro's to much I thougt, there selling point was, good system for children:Doh:)

And then the monitors are space taking...

Top Bottom