Closed IBM 600E Laptop + Lots of extra's (Some faults)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
1037   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Hiya's

This has been sitting in my wardrobe for a year now and I'm never going to get round to fixing it so I'm selling it here, bare in mind that if I split it and sell the parts on ebay I'll get a lot more for it but I would rather sell it as a set and as such offering it here for my fellow Amibayers!

Good Points:

IBM 600E Laptop (P2 366mhz - 128mb Ram) - Has good screen (y)
Main Battery is fairly new and holds a full charge
Backup Battery (Fits in CDRom Bay) Holds good charge. (You get around 3-4 hours with both battery's together
Complete with case, DVD Drive, CD Rom, External FDD & PSU

(I might also have a PCMCIA network card I include :ninja:)

Bad Points

No HDD, the original 6gb HDD died a long time ago and the replacement now lives in my A1200 :D

Onboard Pointer does not work and due to this its booting with bios errors, I can posts these later if anyone is interested.

Last time I used this it was with a PS2 mouse, but the error meant I had to boot without a mouse plugged in to get past the bios, I remember having to fiddle around with all this a lot!

I was going to fit a new pointer/keyboard unit but have never got round to getting one and to be honest would just sooner buy a newer laptop now. Hopefully this and a replacement 2.5in HDD will get it fully running again =)

I'll take £30+ P&P for the whole lot, in the UK it will be less than £10 with Parcel2go.

Will post some Pics later.

Steve.

status

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Country
Heraklion
Region
Crete
I second to the OP, i had the same laptop for almost 10 years.
It is a marvelous piece of hardware, and all these years it didn't need anything from the ibm service.

(And it has a bios with a duck for a mouse pointer:p)

And Damn Small linux runs like a charm on it:]

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
1037   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
I second to the OP, i had the same laptop for almost 10 years.
It is a marvelous piece of hardware, and all these years it didn't need anything from the ibm service.

(And it has a bios with a duck for a mouse pointer:p)

And Damn Small linux runs like a charm on it:]

Thanks, yeah that damn Duck, I've seen a lot of him lol!

And I guess if it turns out no-one is interested that might just jog me into fixing it!

By the way this laptop runs great with Windows XP as well which is what I used for many years and I have backups of all the drivers I can stick on a CD.

Steve.

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Rating - 100%
190   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
The ThinkPad 600 series was one of the best notebooks IBM ever made. A nice bit of kit. :) I hope it sells fast.

Heather

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
1037   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
I'll take £25 +P&P for this otherwise I'll split and sell on ebay - don't make me do it! :whistle:

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
1037   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Hi D.A.T (Alex)

Sending you a PM now with the postal quote (y)

Steve.

D.A.T (Alex)

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Country
GREECE
Region
Thessaloniki
hi Steve...
Sorry for the delay replying earlier
Well I wish the shipping cost would be a little bit lower. Is equal to the actual selling value!

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
1037   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
hi Steve...
Sorry for the delay replying earlier
Well I wish the shipping cost would be a little bit lower. Is equal to the actual selling value!

Hi I understand that but it is a very heavy item, I doubt you could find European shipping of a 10kg item any cheaper, parcel2go are by far the cheapest I can find.

Will remove this from sale now anyway and split for parts on ebay, thanks for your interest D.A.T (Alex)

Can a mod please close? Thanks...

Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom