Status
Not open for further replies.

zimgr5

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
now Germany
Want to purchase IDE controller for my A3000

Now I have SCSI 50-pin drive but is very loud! and hardly can work with it :roll:

All SCSI drives are so loud ?

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
Re: IDE controller for A3000

No, Kin Hell has a silent drive. He mentions it in his Grex for sale thread. Look up the make and model there.

Otherwise look for a elbox fastata controller (speed) or a individual computers (jens schoenfeld) buddah controller (good price / performance ratio).

But your cheapest bet is to find a quiet scsi drive :)

LTAC

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
327   0   1
Country
FRANCE
Region
South of PARIS

Hello,

I've a Tandem (ZORRO II) from BSC Alfa Data : http://amiga.resource.cx/exp/tandem and I can connect IDE units like HDD and CDROM, found on "Epay" <snip>....<snip> [LTAC: oki oki I'm sooorrryyy ! Prize was less than a TATA Car :LOL: ]
Try to find one it's perfect and inexpensive.

LTAC

[edit]
Sorry LTAC I had to edit your post as there was a price claim from somewhere else, I know you only ment to help and its easy to do, just bare in mind the site policy :)

Zetr0

zimgr5

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
now Germany

arnljot said:
No, Kin Hell has a silent drive. He mentions it in his Grex for sale thread. Look up the make and model there.

Otherwise look for a elbox fastata controller (speed) or a individual computers (jens schoenfeld) buddah controller (good price / performance ratio).

But your cheapest bet is to find a quiet scsi drive :)

Yes but I suppose 50-pin is an old standard and there won't be quiet 50-pin drives as this was the first generation.
Kin mentioned it's more than 70GB HDD it must be 68-pin so probably I need a switch 50-68 pin ? Am I right and will it work ?

Kin Hell

Banned
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

If it's any help, The hard drive has an SCA interface, of which I can provide a converter to 68Pin & 50pin with said drive. Drive is a Cheeta 73Gb USCSI/10k but is probably more than you are willing to offer.

Kin

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk

Hiya guys,

Just a mention that Tandem Zorro2 IDE device has "no auto booting capacity" thus you wont be able to boot from it.

please read here for more details

chiark

AmiNerd
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Yorkshire

Why not use a ucard bridge thingy? I'm using two of those in different machines, and they work well :) - even with compact flash converters.

Silence is golden!

Kin Hell

Banned
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

@ zimgr5

Tbh m8, you should stay with SCSI on your A3000. IDE will give you some CPU hit unless you spend lots on a deidcated card.

I was looking through my bits the other day & have the perfect solution for you.
Its a 50 Pin Quantum Fireball SCSI Drive & is 1080Mb (1GB)
Send me a PM if you want to talk shop. :wink:

All the Best,

Kin

zimgr5

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
now Germany

Kin Hell said:
@ zimgr5

Tbh m8, you should stay with SCSI on your A3000. IDE will give you some CPU hit unless you spend lots on a deidcated card.

I was looking through my bits the other day & have the perfect solution for you.
Its a 50 Pin Quantum Fireball SCSI Drive & is 1080Mb (1GB)
Send me a PM if you want to talk shop. :wink:

All the Best,

Kin

Thanks Kin, , no need to do that :D
You must be right, I will stay with SCSI, only to find a good drive

Only to find this 50-68 converter. Pretty simple, but not easy to get I realised ! :D
szddlk.jpg

Kin Hell

Banned
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

I'm a bit confused m8? :?

I just offered you a 1GB Quantum Fireball hard drive. It's fully functional & very Quiet. These devices were shipped with the A3K Series as standard, but only ever 120Mb at best.

At least let me know if you want to talk shop on this, otherwise, I'll put it back in its box. It's on the workbench atm for just being checked! :wink:

Kin

*edit* As a matter of interest, what SCSI drive are you having the "Noise Issue" with?

zimgr5

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
now Germany

Well Kin, I will probably buy at least 7GB disk in a local shop, coz with 1GB I will quickly run out of space :D
But thanks anyway!

*edit*
This SCSI is Seagate ST5660N. Works like a vacuum cleaner :D

Kin Hell

Banned
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

Was half guessing Size Mattered! :roll:

& all those Lying biatches out there eh! :mrgreen:

Np m8y, really & good luck. Can this thread be closed now or do you still want an IDE interface!?

Kin

Kin Hell

Banned
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

A Pleasure m8.

All the Best! :D

Kin

*edit* ROFL M8y...I have heard the very same drive!! - It's like a frickin' Turbine Spinning up on a Jet! :mrgreen:

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS

Kin Hell said:
{snip}

*edit* ROFL M8y...I have heard the very same drive!! - It's like a frickin' Turbine Spinning up on a Jet! :mrgreen:

That's because you guys never heard a Seagate ST318275 SCA! You can hear that damn f****r 500m away!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom