Indivision AGA for 1200

rs2klee

Country
U.K
Region
London
hi installed this the other day, just wanted to know if anyone else is using this and what screen modes and monitor you are using?

Saying this as mine looks all out of focus, its ok on the basic wb screen mode as soon as i use interlace or a higher screen mode the fonts look like they are out of focus. might as well kept the scart lead as this looks simular! bought a brand new 17" 4:3 DEL monitor for it aswell.

any info or help really greatfull :)

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Treasurer
Country
UK
Region
Southampton
I don't know a lot about how you set it up, but you'll be looking for the HighGFX modes to display your Workbench in. You'll probably need a monitor driver for DEVS:Monitors

Tomse

RISK is good
AmiBayer
Country
Denmark
Region
Copenhagen
the problem with flat panel monitors is that when they are not being displayed with their optimal resolutions, they will always look blurry. This is due to that the monitor stretches the desktop to make it fit the whole screen.

for a 17" monitor you'd probably need a resolution of 1280x1024

The brilliant thing with the indivision, is that you don't need an old TV/monitor.
you can get a few flat panel models that you can use without the indivision.

also make note that many new TV's hava a really bad screen when used from the amiga, if you are using composite or scart.

rs2klee

Country
U.K
Region
London
hi thanks for the replys.. I got the highgfx and does seem better.. i see what your saying about the size and that it has to stretch.. would using a 15" monitor be a better option then ? its at 1024x768 atm just thought getting this indivision would clear it all up :(

---------- Post added at 19:46 ---------- Previous post was at 19:39 ----------

I don't know a lot about how you set it up, but you'll be looking for the HighGFX modes to display your Workbench in. You'll probably need a monitor driver for DEVS:Monitors

Whats the best thing to use then, thought this indivision thing was thee thing to have? seems like its not.. what is everyone using like monitor wise and screen modes.

:)

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
The indivision isn't the problem. The monitor not displaying its native resolution is the issue. If you want to be able to switch between multiple resolutions on it looks clear than an older CRT PC monitor would be better. With all LCD flatpanel monitors they have a default native resolution. Most 17" are all 1280x1024 and they will look crisp and sharp in that resolution, but for any other the exact number of pixels in the panel are not exactly matching the resolution so it will always look a bit blurred.

rs2klee

Country
U.K
Region
London
hmm so what about an older 15" flatscreen, would the res be lower ? :)

StrontiumDog

Banned
Country
United Kingdom
Region
The Willen Lake
hi installed this the other day, just wanted to know if anyone else is using this and what screen modes and monitor you are using?

Both my towered A1200's use the Indivision AGA with a wall-mounted HannsG 19" HU196D (4:3) hooked up to it.

DblPAL or HighGFX gives a good stable picture with very minimal blurring. So minimal, you have to look really close to see.

Monitor spec:

• Display Type: TFT LCD
  • Screen size: 19"
  • Resolution: 1280 x 1024
  • Contrast Ratio: 700:1
  • Brightness: 250 cd/m^2
  • Response time: 8 ms
  • Horizontal Viewing Angle: 150 degrees
  • Vertical Viewing Angle: 135 degrees
  • Display colours: 16.2M

Phipscube

WipEout Fanboi
Country
Denmark
Region
Ringsted
I just received my Indivision a few days ago. I installed it today and its great. I found an oldish 15" Dell LCD monitor that has a native resolution of 1024x768. Its very crisp. If you want the best then you need an LCD monitor with a native res of 1024x768, otherwise you need to use a CRT monitor.

rs2klee

Country
U.K
Region
London
I just received my Indivision a few days ago. I installed it today and its great. I found an oldish 15" Dell LCD monitor that has a native resolution of 1024x768. Its very crisp. If you want the best then you need an LCD monitor with a native res of 1024x768, otherwise you need to use a CRT monitor.

yeah i can get hold of one of them old dell ones, as aswell being the simular colour to the Amiga`s :) will look ok.

---------- Post added at 17:29 ---------- Previous post was at 17:10 ----------

@Phipscube did you hack much of the shield away, as i took progres pictures of mine as i was installing it. The Indivision was being pressed on by some of the top shield so i cut what what touching. just got hold of a 15" dell so will try that :)

StrontiumDog

Banned
Country
United Kingdom
Region
The Willen Lake
Personally, I think you should remove the entire top RF shield.....saves a lot of messing about and it's really not necessary for it to be there.

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
My personal notes about the top RF shield concludes it is good for:

- Cut your fingers when sacking/re-inserting it;

- Be on the way when you need to mess with the hardware;

- disturb the air flux, making the internal board(s) heat more;

- rust and drop flakes of metal over the board;

- Cause short-circuits on the accelerator connector (on A1200).

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
My personal notes about the top RF shield concludes it is good for:

- Cut your fingers when sacking/re-inserting it;

- Be on the way when you need to mess with the hardware;

- disturb the air flux, making the internal board(s) heat more;

- rust and drop flakes of metal over the board;

- Cause short-circuits on the accelerator connector (on A1200).

Ah, so it has use. Blood sacrifice on the motherboard makes it run faster.

Phipscube

WipEout Fanboi
Country
Denmark
Region
Ringsted
rs2klee, I don't have the sheild on at all for the reasons mentioned by rkauer. The only problem I had with my Indi is that the pins protruding from the PLCC socket are a little long and touch my custom DVD/HDD frame. I just clipped them down a bit, but I imagine those could touch the Sheilding also. If you keep the sheilding on, i'd advise you put some insulation tape on the top of the Indi to avoid shorts as well even with a hole in the sheilding (just incase) you really don't want to short that precious indi!! :D

If you get lucky, you should find an old 1024x768 native lcd monitor for quite cheap (mine was 75kr at a flea market, thats about £8 )

Top Bottom