Indivision ECS Scandoubler in A500

mikem

AmiBayer
Country
USA
Region
San Diego, CA
What do most people do with the VGA connector on the Indivision ECS in an A500? Is there a spot where it can be mounted properly, or do most people just let it hang out somewhere?

Thanks!

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
I think you would need to make a case modification.

With the A600 some people remove the RF modulator to make a space for the connector, but there isn't that option with the A500.

mikem

AmiBayer
Country
USA
Region
San Diego, CA
Hmm that's what I was afraid of. Although it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, I prefer to only do mod's that can be undone!

Thanks.

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
On a serious note, you can cut a piece of the lateral shield and cut the correct hole for VGA out on the left side of the machine.

Of course you'll have to replace the underside of the case if you sell the scandoubler.

Balooga

Country
USA
Region
California
I modified my A500 to take the picoPSU Adaptor, and removed the unused power connector to create a space.

protek

"Takai desu ne." -"Jinsei da."
Country
Finland
Region
Oulu, Pohjois-Pohjanmaa
If you're not planning to use the side expansion, you could modify the side door to accommodate the VGA port or remove th side door altogether and put some kind of bracket or panel in place.

Storm

SYS64738
AmiBayer
Country
Australia
Region
Victoria
I extended the VGA cable and installed the port at the top right hand side of the 500 (near the disk drive). Looks neatest there and not in the way of anything.

Attachments

• IMG_0920.jpg
    IMG_0920.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 1
Top Bottom