Info on replacing C64 PLA (906114-01)

mjnurney

we live as we dream. Alone.
Country
england
Region
Milton Keynes
I'm using the super PLA and i have seen no problems so far ....it works just fine,

the PLA is a weak point on the C64

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu
Do you want to be a guinea pig and try one of my Eprom PLA's for free to see if it works for you..

Tc :)

genny_flick

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
Italy
Region
Bari, Apulia
Use the Eprom version as it require only a bit of diy :)

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu

Exactly ;)

I didn't set out to supply in bulk but I had so many C64's come through with dead PLA I didn't even have a spare to test with so I made a couple of these Eprom PLA's to use for fault finding.

I have had various success, some boards have no issues with it, others have minor issues, seems to upset access to the colour SRAM, most notably on those that have had RAM(s) replaced and they are no longer a matched set.

So if I can help anyone out and they want to try it, that's cool. It's just I can't be 100% sure it will function perfectly with all boards.

TC :)

Naparovitse

Country
Portugal
Region
Vila Nova de Gaia

Exactly ;)

I didn't set out to supply in bulk but I had so many C64's come through with dead PLA I didn't even have a spare to test with so I made a couple of these Eprom PLA's to use for fault finding.

I have had various success, some boards have no issues with it, others have minor issues, seems to upset access to the colour SRAM, most notably on those that have had RAM(s) replaced and they are no longer a matched set.

So if I can help anyone out and they want to try it, that's cool. It's just I can't be 100% sure it will function perfectly with all boards.

TC :)

Hi,
I have one C64 breadbin with a defect PLA, the symptom is exactly this http://derbian.webs.com/c64diag/fault.htm?id=u17_5 and my board is an
Assy no. 250407 (socket U17)
Do you already tried with this board?
Thanks

Top Bottom