Installing my new retina in my 3k

RedDaemonFox

Amiga's enemy is my enemy!
AmiBayer
Country
United States of Hell
Region
Melbourne, FL 32901
Okay, so I got my retina z2 from noxenlux :) w/ driver cd of retina 2.3. I booted the 3k, without the retina in, installed the software, installed the card after shut down, an rebooted. I got an out of range on my vga lcd, so go to amiga vga. Get a wb screen for a sec, but goes gray. Should I take the card out and select a mode in software first? Also, does this v1.1 card support passthrough?

keropi

VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Ioannina
you are talking about the older retina right? It does not support any kind of passthrough, and I see it only suppors EGS and RetinaEmu drivers.... good luck getting this running, AFAIK it is terrible...
and why did you take this card in the first place? Was it cheap? it has no passthrough option, it has no CGX/Picasso96 support, it is zorroII which is way slower than the zorroIII your A3000 supports, and it is a SLOW card being one of first available IIRC...

RedDaemonFox

AmiBayer
Country
United States of Hell
Region
Melbourne, FL 32901
Me and noxenlux traded a sega cdx for it. I knew a retina wasn't very good, but I need a gfx card for OS 3.9 install (I don't want a 32-color limit) and I didn't have much cash. I'll get a better one when I fix my 3640 and restore my 2500 and sell that.

Tajmaster

Truth, Justice, all that stuff.
Country
UK
Region
Bradford, West Yorkshire
Ive got one of these cards, I used it with RetinaEMU and by god is that software the ibggest piece of crap since any Atari OS :D

Does anyone know where to get the EGS software for it? I tried Aminet but I couldnt see it :blink:

RedDaemonFox

AmiBayer
Country
United States of Hell
Region
Melbourne, FL 32901
found it in this search query : http://aminet.net/search?query=EGS How do you uninstall retinaemu? is there an uninstall script for it? I'll have to see how I can get this on my miggy now I have mac, maybe winuae in win2k VPC? I'll give it a shot. I'll have to get my other svga monitor out. It sucks about no p96, but I needed a bargain, can't afford anything else right now.

Tajmaster

Truth, Justice, all that stuff.
Country
UK
Region
Bradford, West Yorkshire
found it in this search query : http://aminet.net/search?query=EGS How do you uninstall retinaemu? is there an uninstall script for it? I'll have to see how I can get this on my miggy now I have mac, maybe winuae in win2k VPC? I'll give it a shot. I'll have to get my other svga monitor out. It sucks about no p96, but I needed a bargain, can't afford anything else right now.

Hi

I dont think that there is the actual Retina driver in those packages :s Anyone have the Retina V1.1 EGS driver??

BTW, DC @ 270MHz niiiice (y) BIG DC fan here mate ;)

RedDaemonFox

AmiBayer
Country
United States of Hell
Region
Melbourne, FL 32901
Yeah, I never actually tried to OC my DC, I knew someone who did 270mhz tho, after a failed VGA mod on my spare (detinned half the pads and cold soldered everything, know better than use leadfree and radioshack solder irons) I may do it one day, I haven't played it in ages, too much class time.

---------- Post added at 23:37 ---------- Previous post was at 23:36 ----------

When I used P96 in UAE from my amithlon cd, I had all the supportred cards listed during install.

Top Bottom