jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
I found from a ide cdrom build in project to (usb) 1541 project the internals of a broken 1541, it had disk reading issues, but no electronic problems.

Free for parts.. I also have the drive mechanism, but that is suspected bad, or misaligned..

Some short wire cuts, but still long enough to solder and isolate on the transformer to.. (heavy to ship that one)

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
@ jvdbossc

Could I have the circuit board please? If you let me know the cost of shipping to the UK I'll sort a payment out.

Thanks

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
Of course you can have it! Let's see if I can wiggle it in a bubble envelope and deliver it cheap.

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
Merlin,

It costs 10 eu, even in a bubble envlope, because it's not normalised shipping.

Let me know if you still wan't it, or only the chips on it.

Jurgen,

Merlin

VIP
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
I know what you mean Jurgen, and that's before Customs get involved and start talking about import duty...:wooha:

In that case, can I just have the ROM chips from the board please? If they are declared as having "no commercial value" then the price shouldn't be huge.

Thanks

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
Do I need to fill in custom form? I am going to the post office today for other people so I can ask?

Let me know, if it's only a couple of eu, I just wan't to ship it, I'll take a few eu are not a problem. Like under 5 eu??

So let me know by PM:

Your adress
I'll send all the socket chips and if you wan't I can flame throw the others off.

(by lighting the board at the back :flamethrower: - they do not get very hot that way if done quickly - I can pick them up without using gloves)

Merlin

VIP
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
PM sent. There's no need to get the flamethrower out, Jurgen....:LOL:

If you state "No Commercial Value" on the customs form then it won't attract import duty. As far as I know, you can't pay duty on an item worth 'nothing'... ;)

Please PM me as to where you want the payment sent.

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Treasurer
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Southampton
If it's within the EU, there shouldn't be any Customs declarations to fill out. I've not had to fill out anything when shipping stuff to Phantom or keropi in Greece.

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
I checked, when using kilopost I need to declare, when using an envelope I can stuff whatever I wan't in it.:ninja: I don't think that 2 chips will smell like anything they want to catch.. I have no strange smells in my house so..:D

Merlin

VIP
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
I don't think that 2 chips will smell like anything they want to catch.. I have no strange smells in my house so..:D

Jurgen, sometimes, the inside of your head is a scary place, mate...:blink: :LOL:

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
:woot:I know for sure it is. But feel comfortable, not going for a joke or something, since uk does not share that kind of humour :):woot: What I really ment, it's going to be ok to send it that way, without risks.

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
Looked after the part numbers found two rom chips, they are at the secretary desk to ship. Will PM shipping cost, will be low. Found some material to press the pins in. They were pulled with a screw driver, but can be refitted, I removed them in 6 steps....

Merlin

VIP
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
@Jurgen

ROMs arrived today and work perfectly!

Payment by Paypal made, as I must admit I had forgotten...:oops: I've paid the fee and the payment is as a gift.

(y)

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Rating - 100%
232   0   0
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu
Merly that is such good news my friend....(y)

Two fully working C1541's now :LOL:

@Jurgen - That was most generous & very community spirited of you my friend, What a great family Amibayers are indeed :bowdown:

TC :)

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
I was helped here before more then 10 times without returning much, and I wanted to throw away the internals.. So no big deal.

Merlin

VIP
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
I was helped here before more then 10 times without returning much, and I wanted to throw away the internals.. So no big deal.

You should always ask here before throwing stuff like this away; as this thread shows, one man's junk is another man's gold dust.....;)

Jurgen = Top bloke (y)

Merlin

VIP
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
Oh yes, Jurgen; very much so.....(y)

Thanks