Introducing me (marmot64)

marmot64

Country
Germany
Region
Germany
Hi there everybody,

I am trying to introduce myself a little bit, after being registered here for a while without doing anything. I'm 38 years old and live in Germany.

Long time ago, my very first computer was a good old second hand C64. When I became intersted in Amiga, it was already the time, when C= started selling off the A500 at low prices to push A500+ sales. So my first Amiga was a brand new A500 (I still have it somewhere :) ).

I then had a quite wide range of Amiga models after a while, but my favorite at these times was a A2000 with Apollo 2030, GoldenGate bridge board and lots of other stuff, until I bought an second hand A4000D. It took some time and money, until it was equipped with a CSPPC/060, CV64/3D, Fastlane, Tocatta and later a Micronik Tower Case. Then, it must be in year 2000, my PPC died. I lost interest, began to struggle around with some PCs and noticed after a while, that none of my Amigas was in use anymore. So I sold nearly everything.

It took about 7-8 years, when I suddenly decided to bid on an A4000D at ebay without any reason. From now on, I was infected again. I repaired the rotten board (battery and capacitors were leaking and simm sockets were broken) and had an nice working A4000 again. I sold it for a much better one, but kept on looking for Amigas I had before.

So, now I have a A4000D (CSMK2 060, PicassoIV, Deneb, Toccata etc.) in nice condition, a build-in-progress A4000D (CV64, CSMK2 060, Compserv FliFi), a mint A1200, a nearly mint A1200 (Blizzard 1230IV), my first A500 as mentioned above, an A3000D which I am still working on, and an A1200 with Blizzard1260/SCSI and IndivisionAGA, which I cutted into pieces and soldered it together again to get it fitting in a A600 case.

Unfortunately, I have limited room to store everything and also little time to use the Amigas. But sometimes I can spend some hours, and it's lots of fun.

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
Welcome to AmiBay! Your story is like many of ours. :)

Take care,

Heather

Brian

AmiBayer
Country
USA
Region
Kentucky
Welcome!

I started out playing with the UAE emulator and AROS projects. However, the real Amiga hardware is just so nice and sexy that I finally bought a used A1000 and plan to add at least an A1200.

Shoonay

Global Caturator
Country
Poland
Region
Kaczyce
Hello and welcome, stay a while, stay forevaaaaaaaaahhhh...

User1301

Deactivated
Deactivated
Country
S
Region
G
Welcome to our small but perfectly formed wee community :)

John (y)

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
Nice story, and cool avatar (y)

Welcome to amibay!

Top Bottom