introducing myself

Hettle

Country
Italy
Hi
I've just registered - I got a whole load of Amiga stuff out of my attic yesterday as am about to have the roof re-done on the house. I'm amazed at how many fond memories it all brought back ......... but also amazed at my lack of memory!!! - age does that! I've got 2 amiga 1500s (used to be resident in the uk) one with a bridgeboard that I fitted myself - (I think both have extra ram also fitted by me way back when). There's all kinds of extra kit too but .................... shame on me, shame on me! I couldn't even remember where to plug in the mouse! Kind of worked it out and then going through some disks, luck was with me - I found the old tutorial disk "The Very First" - bunged it in the drive (then bunged it in the right drive) - Eureka! Loved it! - still ashamed at the lack of brain recall, though!

User1301

Deactivated
Deactivated
Country
S
Region
G
Hehe I think we have all been there with equipment we haven't used for a long time. Welcome to Amibay!

John

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
Welcome to the bay! I hope you bear with us for today, as we're not at our best today. But everyone here are good at heart, and it's been given to the amiga a long time ago :)

davideo

I look like Gizmo
Staff member
Administrator
Staff Moderator
Treasurer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Boston, Lincs
Hehe I think we have all been there with equipment we haven't used for a long time. Welcome to Amibay!

John

You speak for yourself John - I use my equipment pretty regular :whistle:

@Hettle

Welcome to the friendly Amibay - today is a bit terse but hopefully normal service will be resumed shortly :)

Dave G :cool:

Flink

Country
Portugal
Region
Vale de Cambra
Hi Hettle!

Like you, I'm a bit new here too, but I came here to buy Amiga stuff and bring back all those fond memories (just like the ones you lost)! It's been a wonderful ride (as I expected), and I'm sure you'll like this community and I'm also sure you'll stay for more time than enough to make your trades (either buy or sell).

Have fun! :D

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
Welcome to the bay! You probably found one of the best, supportive Amiga pages on the internet, and also the fastest. Today is not the best day, :help:, but have fun on here, ask question, post pics(y)

AmiG

AmiBayer
Country
United States
Region
Texas
I recently pulled my 2 Amigas out of storage also and I have had some trouble remembering certain Amiga specific things. I have always loved these machines and have owned 4 over the years. The 2 I still have now, I bought in 1997. I'm loving being back into the Amiga community. Good to have another Amiga reborn newbie here! :LOL:

tokyoracer

(Not actually from Tokyo).
Blogger
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Norfolk
Nice one, I am after one just like yours actually and sadly without much luck. Still, I would sometime open them up and check out the battery (if you havn't already).

P.s. Welcome to the forum. :)

Hettle

Country
Italy
Thanks Tokyoracer - yep, I know I should be opening them up but am having that "close-your-eyes-and-hope-it-hasn't-happened" five minutes. Perhaps a long slow Italian Sunday lunch and some good wine will combine to give me the courage to have a peek on Sunday afternoon! - promise I won't tweek anything until sober though!

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
I recently pulled my 2 Amigas out of storage also and I have had some trouble remembering certain Amiga specific things. I have always loved these machines and have owned 4 over the years. The 2 I still have now, I bought in 1997. I'm loving being back into the Amiga community. Good to have another Amiga reborn newbie here! :LOL:

Welcome to Amibay, Geraldine!(y)

This is a great site, albeit the last two days problems in the staff area which will be sorted in a short space of time.

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
With remark to rkauers post above, I concur his feelings.

Best wishes & welcome to AmiBay. :)

Kin

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
I'm a little late to the party, but I'm happy to welcome you to AmiBay!

Heather

Top Bottom