Invalid Resident Library?!?

abraXXious

Banned
Country
Australia
Help!

any help you knowledgable guys could give would be greatly appreciated.

I have an A4000 Cyberstorm Mk III with Deneb USB, Cybervision 64/3d with scan doubler module, DKB3128 full populated etc running OS 3.9.

I have installed all the boingbag updates including the unofficial BB4.

All was well, until I cold booted and found I was suddenly getting an error message at the start of booting. The error message is "C/LoadModule failed to load Libs:Icon.Library - Invalid Resident Library".

My icon library is version 46.4. Now, if I remove Libs:Icon.library from the Loadmodule line in my startup-sequence then all loads and seems to work fine. I can then open a shell and "version Icon.library" and it reports version 46.4.

So it SEEMS for some reason I no longer need the Libs:Icon.library part of the Loadmodule line in the startup... but if this is the case how is it now loading? Why was it not erroring at startup before?

Since install all the BB updates the system was fine cold starting for days. When the error started to occur the only things I had installed since the last cold boot were RTGMaster, Text Input (mcc for Mui which comes with Vapor_Toolkit.library) and the firmware update for by Cyberstorm Mk III (from Aminet).

Could the firmware update for the Cyberstorm Mk III card be incompatible with the newer Icon Library? If so, how can I fix this? Also, as stated before, when I "version icon.library" from a cli it reports 46.4... does this mean that version 46.4 is resident in memory? Or does it simply mean that the version in LIBS: is 46.4?

The system is now running fine by removing the Libs:Icon.Library from the Loadmodule line in startup, but one of the boingbag updates put it in there in the first place, so I hate to think I am not using the latest icon.library because it is not being loaded.

.....help. :)

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Run Sysinfo, it will show if the library is loaded into memory.

Are you using the Deneb as a ROM update from cold boot? Then when setpatch try to update it again you have this error.

abraXXious

Banned
Country
Australia
Hi there rkauer, thanks for the reply.

No, I am not using the programmible rom of the deneb at all, and the deneb has been installed from the word go with no alterations to it or its software.

I will run Sysinfo and see what is loaded... question is, if icon.library 46.4 is newer than what is in the lastest boingbag Amiga OS rom update file and Loadmodule is not loading it.... then how is it loaded?!

Will run Sysinfo this afternoon and post the results.

Thanks again for your assistance.

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Icon.library is automatically loaded by Amiga OS when the graphical interface is loaded.

Do you set the Deneb to PIO mode? With a DKB3128 you must set it to PIO instead DMA or strange clashes will happen. Read the manual.

abraXXious

Banned
Country
Australia
Thanks for the tip. Not sure what the Deneb card is set to, will check shortly. But the system seems to run very fast and very stable. The DKB seems to run fine (128 mb onboard) and usb is working fine, so there does not appear to be any clashes.

I have 16 mb fast on the A4k mb and also 128 mb on the Cyberstorm Mk III (total of 276 Mb fast), so perhaps since the dkb ram is not actually being utilitised, there is sign of clashes?

I will check the Deneb card settings and I will also fill the ram with 200 mb of data and do some operations to and from ram to check all is well.

Is there a good program for checking ram for problems/errors?

da9000

AmiBayer
Country
USA
Region
San Francisco, CA
Is this on an A4000T (or A4000D with A4000T ROMs) ?

desiv

work in progress...
Country
USA
Region
Salem Oregon
They get their own libraries now!!!!
They are ruining this country!! I just can't stand...
er..

Oh... software library...

never mind..

desiv
;-) (You probably have to live in the U.S. right now to REALLY ..hmm.. appreciate isn't the right word, but..) :)

abraXXious

Banned
Country
Australia
Hi Da9000,

The machine in question is an A4000D with 4000D 3.1 (original Commodore branding) roms.

-Acid-

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
South Shields
I've set up OS 3.9 & CWB 3.9 in WinUAE using 3.1 rom but occasionally I get an Invalid Resident Library error. I think it might be me loading the wrong WinUAE config file and it's running 3.0 rom by mistake, when I make sure 3.1 is run it works so it seems to be the case but just thought i'd ask if 3.0 roms always cause this error when trying to run 3.9? (as I get the same error in my spare A1200 which is 3.0 roms).

Top Bottom