Not open for further replies.

T_Hairy_Bootson

Workbitch 1.3
Country
Australia
Region
Melbourne
Re: Is software hut any good?

I have dealt with them a couple of times in the past. Seems to have an issue replying to emails and updating his website/lists.

I basically ordered what I wanted, then he informed me which items he had in stock and only charged me for those and sent them. So I would recommend them on the off chance they have what you need. Their prices are fair and he has a lot of stuff listed, whether he actually has them in stock is a different story.

davideo

I look like Gizmo
Staff member
Administrator
Staff Moderator
Treasurer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Boston, Lincs

I thought AmigaKit supplied to the US as well?

Dave G 8)

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire

I got my Indivision from them and I'm in the UK. It was fairly straight forward but don't expect much in the way of communication. Your stuff will arrive, for a fair enough price and within expected timescales, but their customer service seems to be the same you might expect from a disinterested teenager working in your local McDonalds.

I thought Amigakit trade in the US, and of course Redrumola from A.org is a yank.

davideo

I look like Gizmo
Staff member
Administrator
Staff Moderator
Treasurer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Boston, Lincs

I thought I'd read that RedRumola was up for sale?!

Dave G 8)

Nathanieltolbert

Country
United States
Region
Olathe, Kansas

I thought I read that as well. Huh, if I could take over it, I would in a heartbeat. However, I'm in Kansas, and I'm not driving a loading truck all the way to Florida to buy him out of his stock. Maybe a community of users should buy him out..... :whistle:
OT - I have purchased Kickstart upgrades, A 4060DT, Two Mice, and a Buddha card from Software Hut. If you live in the US and you have the ability to call long distance, you should call and leave a message if you don't get a hold of him. He always calls back. I think with the fact that there was only one guy building the new accelerators for the Amigas, they did a bang up job of getting them out to everyone that ordered one. If they do a run like that again, I may buy a 2060 for my A2000, but only if I collect the rest of my Consulting payment that I haven't been paid for yet.

Nathan

Templar

In Finem Vobis Videtur De Christiana
VIP
Country
Hellas
Region
Cydonia

I've bought from Joe (Software Hut) a couple of times in the past. He was very friendly and communicative. Ok, the site is a bit outdated, but you can email him if you want something, and he will reply back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom